Detailing World Forum banner

No more rusty discs when washing! BH test

45K views 113 replies 62 participants last post by  Hereisphilly 
#1 · (Edited)
Well today was the day I finally got to test this product. Currently still under development it's described as a 'water borne contact corrosion inhibitor (migratory)'.

Diluted it down to 5% in a water sprayer bottle and lightly misted onto the drivers side discs. It seemed to land on the discs in bubbles however this was probably my sprayer. I then proceeded to clean my wheels using valet pro Bilberry.

I then rinsed my wheels using filtered water from a vessel. And here are the results which I think speak for themselves.

It's a very simple product and very economical with the
Dilution ratio.

And after a short drive you can guess which side was alot cleaner.

Would I like to see this product in production? Definitely. Yes you can drive on and off you're drive but it's a chore.

Simple, brilliant product from bilt hamber

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Just apply and leave. It's a applied post each wash - where it finds its way into crevices and voids it will emit its inhibitors for weeks / months, on open surfaces it wont be as durable. Where it is used on a car before storage will last 12 - 24 months. Used routinely on a wet car over winter it will prevent road salt damage - use after each wash.

#57 ·
I'm not sure how useful this will be for me. Within a matter of days of ownership my front discs (or rather the top hat) were covered in rust and as this product merely inhibits rust formation I can't see it being a benefit for me. Brilliant if used on a pristine or new car though.

#76 ·
Oh I missed the earlier bit about the power wash, so I can basically squirt this all underneath the car using my foam lance? Awesome.

BH - would this slow down diamond cut wheel corrosion? I'm thinking that spraying diamond wheels with it after each wash may keep the white corrosion away?

#91 ·
I have lots of expensive tools which I no longer use at work and are now stored in toolboxes and cabs in my garage. The thing is, all the metal surfaces get damp and my tools are starting to rust! wd40 hasnt helped, moisture bags dont work and coating everything in oil is messy. Maybe this would work:speechles

What do they think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.