Detailing World Forum banner

No more rusty discs when washing! BH test

45K views 113 replies 62 participants last post by  Hereisphilly 
#1 · (Edited)
Well today was the day I finally got to test this product. Currently still under development it's described as a 'water borne contact corrosion inhibitor (migratory)'.

Diluted it down to 5% in a water sprayer bottle and lightly misted onto the drivers side discs. It seemed to land on the discs in bubbles however this was probably my sprayer. I then proceeded to clean my wheels using valet pro Bilberry.

I then rinsed my wheels using filtered water from a vessel. And here are the results which I think speak for themselves.

It's a very simple product and very economical with the
Dilution ratio.

And after a short drive you can guess which side was alot cleaner.

Would I like to see this product in production? Definitely. Yes you can drive on and off you're drive but it's a chore.

Simple, brilliant product from bilt hamber

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Firstly thanks for the great review Citygo!

Product is best used AFTER washing, it can be sprayed over the wheels and brakes plus it should be used over the entire under carriage after washing. During winter it will neutralize road salt and and stop rust forming. Even at 1-2 % in water this is effective. The inhibitors create a molecular shield that creep over and migrate to protect surfaces not even touched by the liquid. We think i'ts going to be a very useful post wash treatment - it can be applied by pump spray, trigger spray or power washer. :thumb:

#14 ·
Does seem like a good product.
At the moment I use an iron out on the discs while washing the car.
Once all done....blast with a pressure washer and discs are clear of rust and nor do the produce any when dry.
Save driving up and down the drive countless times.

#33 ·
Roll on the release date. This will finish off the arsenal of products I use in my cleaning routine.

I currently use ACF50 on the underside of my car (not the discs) and it certainly keeps any rust n rot at bay during the winter but this sounds like it could be the total solution to underside protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.