Detailing World Forum banner

Premier League 2016-17

74K views 633 replies 49 participants last post by  bidderman1969 
#1 ·
so, after an eventful 2015-16 Premier League season, its congratulations to Leicester for their very first Premier League crown!

and as the pre seasons friendlies are under way, what do you think your team has in store for you?

who do you hope to sign?

what do you make of your signings so far?

and above all else, make your predictions now, who will win the Premier League this time?

in fact, who's feeling really brave, who wants to predict the top 4/5/6?

discuss!

#2 ·
United to Win the league

Happy with the signings so far. In all honesty I hope they don't pay 100m for pogba. He's quality but no ones worth that amount.

I don't think Leicester will do as good this year but a top 10 finish should be easy enough for them.

#3 ·
how often do you see the smaller team do really well, then fall away the following year though?

hope it doesn't happen to them though, be good seeing them in CL games too

£100m for Pogba is obscene tbh

My team, Liverpool, could be an interesting season, buying in who he wants now, hoping we manage to get rid of Ballotelli though

#4 ·
I think Liverpool will do very well under Klopps first full season in charge, has already made some good signings with Matip, mane and with Danny Ings coming back to full fitness I think Liverpool can make top four, especially with no European competition Klopp can put all his eggs in one basket.

#8 ·
I'd go for Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd then one from a few for 4th place.

I've a feeling this will be Arsenal's year to fall out the top 4.

Leicester will do well to stay in the top 8. Southampton can't keep having wholesale changes every year and keep the good form.

I've a feeling we'll see more teams than ever struggling in Europe.

#10 · (Edited)
Oooh no. I'm glad to see the back of him in truth. Too similar to Sterling with bags of speed and no end product.

He'd beat 1 guy then try his luck again heading for the bye line and end up running it out for a goal kick. Every single game he did that.
Add into that his eagerness to shoot when a simple pass was on kind of ended his LFC career.

Klopp knew he wasn't his style of player and cut him from the squad after a few chances. BR thought he was magic.

15m for an average player is good money, but 35m+ for Mane is insane money despite his proven PL form.

#18 ·
Rumour has it United are close to a £100 million deal to sign Pogba. The money is seriously getting ridiculous now. Reportedly, to earn 300k a week too. What's worse, is that he used to play for United and they let him go for nothing. I am a United fan but even I think this is nuts! I hope they don't sign him....certainly not for that kind of money anyway. United got rid of him for a reason. He's only coming back for the money.

#19 ·
The money is just stupid now, all the other countries manage to keep their transfer market somewhat sensible compared to ours

Was it last year, something stupid like we spent more than double every other league combined

All the foreign teams are laughing now we've had this TV deal though, they can just demand huge money as they know we have it

#20 ·
As a united fan it is good to be in for the best players in the world but 100 million for Pogba is ridiculous. He is a good player but not in the top 5 for me and not worth the money being touted around.

Kante to Chelsea is a good signing and i would have happily had him at United. Mahrez is another play who would be a good signing but leicester are trying to keep hold of him and it looks like they just might.

Puts in into perspective when city paid what is small money for Gundegon although injured i think he will prove to be a great signing

#22 ·
Yep, the money being touted about is bordering on the ridiculous.

Chelsea supposedly having a £50m+ bid being rejected for Lukaku!!
Another player sold on as surplus at a fee a whole lot less than what they are now prepared to repay for him.

£80-100m for Pogba though is stupid money. For that kind of money you want a 20+ goal scorer for your money, not a quality MF.

Utd would be better off trying to tempt Ronaldo back with that kind of money.

For us, a decent LB wouldn't go a miss.

Mane looking good in the friendlies so far though, runs and runs. Couthino saying he's too quick!!

#23 ·
Yep, the money being touted about is bordering on the ridiculous.

Chelsea supposedly having a £50m+ bid being rejected for Lukaku!!
Another player sold on as surplus at a fee a whole lot less than what they are now prepared to repay for him.

£80-100m for Pogba though is stupid money. For that kind of money you want a 20+ goal scorer for your money, not a quality MF.

Utd would be better off trying to tempt Ronaldo back with that kind of money.

For us, a decent LB wouldn't go a miss.

Mane looking good in the friendlies so far though, runs and runs. Couthino saying he's too quick!!
Lukaku is another player not worth the money being touted for him, 50m+ is ridiculous. This is a player that did absolutely nothing for his country at the Euros and in my opinion thinks he is better than he actually is. He is too one dimensional but that's just me.

Big fan of Ronaldo but not sure i would actually want him back at United as it would cost huge amounts of cash and if i had to choose i would rather Bale if we were taking a player from Real Madrid.

I see your lot are looking like getting rid of the "welsh pirlo" as Klopp doesn't quite fancy him

#26 ·
Excited for the season. And as other United fans have said, I think that £100m is outrageous for pogba. Another top notch central defender is needed in my opinion.
Also I'm loving that we have Zlatan this year but I feel that even the club are portraying him around too much. All videos are 'watch zlatan train', 'watch zlatan speak' etc. He is a superstar but he is part of the team at the end of the day.
More goals is what we need and the attacking players must surely bring that this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Looked very sharp during the friendlies. Would actually fancy us to win the league this season if we get Mustafi (CB) which is supposedly done. Also a ST which supposedly we are. Happy with Rob Holding which I predict will be a very good player and of course Xhaka which goes without saying. Can't say any other team concerns me and look particularly special including MUFC/MCFC(wouldn't be surprised if Ibra does a Falcao).Would take Mahrez, but not at the cost of a ST which is imperative.

#32 ·
If you've got an EE phone it tablet, you can get BT Sports free for 6 months. It only works on a sim enabled device.

If you're watching the Bournemouth v Man Utd you realise why people aren't getting excited. It's really slow and lacking in quality.

Shambolic errors for Man Utd's goal. The defender tried twice to gift the goal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.