Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 05-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #21
voon
Orbital Oracle

Garage
@steelghost

I like projects I can't say anything about that Annovi Pumps quality/service support etc, but on paper it is quite nice with a good waterflow (dirt has to be washed off .. low flow cheap stuff doesn't cut it) and a brass pumphead. Not a low RPM one at 2880 but at that price, it's okay
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #22
dave-
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Just get a Kranzle and carry the thing. Lifting weight is good for you
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #23
andyfish
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If you're up for a wee bit of a project you could make something really cracking:

Annovi Reverberi 11 litres / min @ 110 bar pump and motor - £200

20m rubber hose - £45

A gun, lance and nozzle setup of your choice - lots to choose from - say, £60

Rubber mains cable and plug - £22

Platform trolley - £20

Some suitable anti-vibration mountings for the pump and motor - £20 (not sure what size the mounting threads on the AR unit are, guessing M8/M10?)

IP66 junction box - £5

By my maths that comes to £372, the balance being for a suitable piece of plywood to mount the motor / pump and junction box to (with the anti-vibe mountings), whatever hardware is needed to attach that plywood to the platform trolley, and any adaptors needed to get the hose to attach to the gun

Easy to move, loads of performance, loads of hose, whatever gun and lance setup you want, plus a nice little project to build it all up.

(I completely understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea if you're looking for an out of the box solution, but the performance would be superb and being an AR pump and motor, you will be able to get spare parts, service etc so it should last you a long while).

Or just get the right adaptors etc to put a proper hose on the Karcher you've got - you mentioned it's cross threaded but with sufficient care it ought to be possible to get something to fit to give you a "new" outlet that a longer hose can be attached to.
Thanks for this - I'm not great at DIY type things so preference would be as a complete out of the box solution with option of hose upgrade later if required.
andyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #24
andyfish
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rían P View Post
I recently bought the Nilfisk 150 and must say it is some piece of kit.

I went for it over the 130/140 due to brass cylinder head, brass fittings, and 10m wire core hose which is anti-kink.

Plenty of power with 5m mains cable. Can vary pressure coming out of lance via end fitting.

I usually set it at the back of the car which allows me to walk round pretty much the whole car, though there will be times i habe to go round the other way. A Rover 75 is longer than you think!
Thanks for this - this is the direction my mind is working at the moment.

Is it possible to upgrade the hose in the future? Maybe 15metres?
The Following User Says Thank You to andyfish For This Useful Post:
Rían P (06-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #25
andyfish
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by voon View Post
A good PW is heavy. My Kränzle 2160 is 40 KG. Why? Because the engine is solid and a powerful low RPM (way less annoying noise) runner and mostly, because the pumphead (the actual compression chambers on top of the engine etc) is all brass. That's one of the telltale signs of a quality PW. All Kränzle are that way, actual top end Kärchers still might (or use the cheaper Aluminium pump heads). Kärcher of old was a homemade, local solid brand. Kärcher now is cheap China mass production, with the cheap plastic pumpheads on all lower to midrange models, that are imho rubbish.

And that's why my Kränzle has a 15m Hose with a turnable drum.
Just checked the Kranzel 2160 - what a beauty! Unfortunately it's double my budget!
Old 06-01-2018, 01:23 AM   #26
voon
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfish View Post
Just checked the Kranzel 2160 - what a beauty! Unfortunately it's double my budget!
Yeah it's an expensive bugger. It's smaller consumer brother is the 1152 .. also well built but normal RPM engine. But that's close to the Nilfisk, which is half the price of the 1152 again, but still looks fairly solid with the brass head.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:35 AM   #27
Rían P
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfish View Post
Thanks for this - this is the direction my mind is working at the moment.

Is it possible to upgrade the hose in the future? Maybe 15metres?
I can't say for certain as I haven't researched much into as I've never felt the need. 10m can sometimes get in the way, but a quick search on Google shows a possibility of upgrading the hose to 15m (provided there's a hose reel attached on the washer)

http://www.brownspressurewashers.co....e140-p150.html

Not affiliated with above site but it was literally the first one I saw in search results.

For the money, I don't know what else you could ask for. The p150 is reasonably quiet, apt on board storage, solid build quality and feel, as well as adaptable pressure. It has a detergent tank also with a varying dilution knob. It isn't light, but it is easy to manoeuvre with the wheels.

Only potential quam is that i don't think you can use most of their other attachments. I could be wrong though. Mind you, the normal attachment and patio/yard 'super extreme cleaner extravaganza' attachment (not real name) have been more than enough for me.
Rían P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #28
percymon
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If you're up for a wee bit of a project you could make something really cracking:

Annovi Reverberi 11 litres / min @ 110 bar pump and motor - £200

20m rubber hose - £45

A gun, lance and nozzle setup of your choice - lots to choose from - say, £60

Rubber mains cable and plug - £22

Platform trolley - £20

Some suitable anti-vibration mountings for the pump and motor - £20 (not sure what size the mounting threads on the AR unit are, guessing M8/M10?)

IP66 junction box - £5

By my maths that comes to £372, the balance being for a suitable piece of plywood to mount the motor / pump and junction box to (with the anti-vibe mountings), whatever hardware is needed to attach that plywood to the platform trolley, and any adaptors needed to get the hose to attach to the gun

Easy to move, loads of performance, loads of hose, whatever gun and lance setup you want, plus a nice little project to build it all up.

(I completely understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea if you're looking for an out of the box solution, but the performance would be superb and being an AR pump and motor, you will be able to get spare parts, service etc so it should last you a long while).

Or just get the right adaptors etc to put a proper hose on the Karcher you've got - you mentioned it's cross threaded but with sufficient care it ought to be possible to get something to fit to give you a "new" outlet that a longer hose can be attached to.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I'm wondering what the relative cleaning power of that set up would be compared to say the Nilfisk P150 and the Kranzle 1050P. The Kranzle quotes higher operating pressure at 130Bar (18% up on the AR pump) but only 450 litres.hour flow compared to the 660 of the AR (30% down on the AR). The Nilfisk is quoted at 610l/hr and a max pressure of 150Bar (misleading as its probably 130Bar operating); which if you work off 130Bar is 18% up on the AR with only 9% less flow.

Anyone care to comment on whether flow is worth more than pressure when it comes to cleaning (assuming same nozzle pattern and distance from target)
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #29
Croques
Unwashed Member

Garage
@steelghost

Brilliant post!
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croques For This Useful Post:
steelghost (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #30
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,899 Posts
Garage
For rinsing and clearing panels of solution and loosened muck, flow trumps pressure. 11 litres / minute @ 110 bar would be great for cars, particularly for snowfoam. Maybe not so great for eg removing graffiti from walls.

Edit: The Nilfisk manual for the P150 rates it at 9 litres per minute / 140 bar operating pressure. These are not specs that will disappoint anyone, but purely based on performance, I'd choose the AR combo if I was starting from scratch. That said it depends if you want a little project or something you can just pull out of the box and use. I like the idea of being able to get a motor and pump combo that suits me, and then choose the hose, lance etc separately.

Last edited by steelghost; 06-01-2018 at 01:08 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote