Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 27-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
AG Aqua Wax has left waterspots trapped

Hey guys,

I bought this Autoglym Aqua wax with great expectations but have quickly been disappointed. Either the product is indeed badly thought through or, being a newbie, I'm doing something wrong.

Basically, the product is sprayed onto a wet panel, wiped and buffed off. However, whilst I'm working on one panel the other panels start to quickly dry off (especially in the current warm/hot weather) leaving water marks all over the car. The product is a nightmare to use; a constant battle against time..

I tried to re-wet those panels but having applied the aqua wax I found all the spots trapped under its layer. Now even the glasses have these stubborn watermarks all over them and even the Nilglass couldn't help.

Please help, how can I remove these stains??? Koche Chemie FSE? would that help?

Also, I'm extremely unhappy with the Aqua Wax - you reckon I can return it to Halfords now? Anyone returned unsatisfactory products to Halford before?

Many thanks
akk_quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akk_quattro View Post
Hey guys,

I bought this Autoglym Aqua wax with great expectations but have quickly been disappointed. Either the product is indeed badly thought through or, being a newbie, I'm doing something wrong.

Basically, the product is sprayed onto a wet panel, wiped and buffed off. However, whilst I'm working on one panel the other panels start to quickly dry off (especially in the current warm/hot weather) leaving water marks all over the car. The product is a nightmare to use; a constant battle against time..

I tried to re-wet those panels but having applied the aqua wax I found all the spots trapped under its layer. Now even the glasses have these stubborn watermarks all over them and even the Nilglass couldn't help.

Please help, how can I remove these stains??? Koche Chemie FSE? would that help?

Also, I'm extremely unhappy with the Aqua Wax - you reckon I can return it to Halfords now? Anyone returned unsatisfactory products to Halford before?

Many thanks
I used AG Aqua Wax years ago and found it ok. The problem is I don't think anything will help with water marks when the sun is out and it's this hot! The only thing I can think of is a wax sprayable in the foam lance that you spray on and rinse off. This will make most of the standing water sheet off stopping water marks. You will still need to dry the rest pretty quick.

AngelWax do one.

https://angelwax.co.uk/product/blue-rinse/

Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob D 88 For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Don't think it is the Aqua Wax akk, i've used it in the past and no problems left/leaves a very nice finish. It's just the current hot sunny weather we're having everything dry's out in record quick time, do what I do start early before the sun hits the car.

Last edited by BruceVolvo; 27-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BruceVolvo For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
garage_dweller
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
whilst I'm working on one panel the other panels start to quickly dry off (especially in the current warm/hot weather) leaving water marks all over the car. The product is a nightmare to use; a constant battle against time
The problem is the car is drying in the sun, that has nothing to do with aqua wax. I used it on Sunday, sprayed on wet car then quickly tried with a large MF towel. You need to work quickly in this heat, spraying, drying and buffing a panel at a time means your risking the car drying in the sun, as you've found out.
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garage_dweller For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Woodsmoke
Sponge Jockey

With aqua wax you spray and kind of dry the panel immediately with the first cloth, this basically spreads the wax with the water, you do this a panel at a time. then once the whole car has been sprayed and dried you go round and buff to a high shine.. if your spraying and moving on before drying/spreading then your process is wrong.

This normally in cooler and shaded conditions wouldn't be a problem as the car would remain wet and then you would complete the process as you go, in this weather and it sounds like direct sunlight for you the panels are drying before the product is spread over the panel and the panel dried. Not only then are you getting normal water spots (Annoying) but dried concentrated product drying on too as spots(Really annoying).
Woodsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodsmoke For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #6
garage_dweller
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
With aqua wax you spray and kind of dry the panel immediately with the first cloth, this basically spreads the wax with the water, you do this a panel at a time. then once the whole car has been sprayed and dried you go round and buff to a high shine.. if your spraying and moving on before drying/spreading then your process is wrong.
There's no difference between spraying/drying one panel at a time and spraying the whole car then spreading/drying as far as I can see.
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garage_dweller For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

The best idea is never to use any product in full sun, especially blazing sun as we have right now. You might get away with it but more likely you'll end up with the problem the OP has reported or streaky uneven finish.

If you must work on hot panels with Aqua Wax I'd agree with Woodsmoke, quick spray and wipe off immediately before the spray has time to bake on.

On cool panels aqua wax is easy and you can indeed spray large sections at a time.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Thanks guys. How I was doing is spraying the wax onto a panel, spread it, then buff it off before moving on to the next panel to do the same.

Indeed, the hot/dry weather was probably the factor. What I've learned is that in such condistions, Meg's ultimate quick wax works better which you apply after wiping the car dry.

Do you reckon Koch Chemie FSE will be able to remove these spots of water and AG aqua wax?
akk_quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
Woodsmoke
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_dweller View Post
There's no difference between spraying/drying one panel at a time and spraying the whole car then spreading/drying as far as I can see.
Its hot.. the panels dry fast in ambient temperature drying the products into clumps rather than a nice layer of protection. And it doesn't need to be that hot for early panels to be dry by the time you get to the last.
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)
Old 27-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
Woodsmoke
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by akk_quattro View Post
Thanks guys. How I was doing is spraying the wax onto a panel, spread it, then buff it off before moving on to the next panel to do the same.

Indeed, the hot/dry weather was probably the factor. What I've learned is that in such condistions, Meg's ultimate quick wax works better which you apply after wiping the car dry.

Do you reckon Koch Chemie FSE will be able to remove these spots of water and AG aqua wax?
I'd dry some kind of cleansing polish myself.. srp or bilt hamber cleansing polish.. or what ever alternative you have
akk_quattro (27-06-2018)