Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Auto Finesse
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto Finesse The Art of Detailing - Making it Shine since 1999

Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
m1pui
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,168 Times in 884 Posts
Auto Finesse Tripple

Bought a bottle of this last week. I very occasionally clean my cousins car and if/when I do it's a very very quick wash so polishing/waxing has always been a out of bounds. Thought that Tripple might be a decent path to go down, plus I'd never tried any AF products

Anyways, gave it a quick try on my car (2001 Lexus RX300) and have to say I'm liking it. Back end of March I washed/decon/clayed/polished and waxed with DJ Supernatural Hybrid. However I've not had a chance to wash it again since so was pretty dirty, a quick blast with a garage pressure lance last week made it look even worse where the dirt was evenly spread from driving, it was now patches of dirty/clean

It was a quick wash/clean in-between shifts at work so I didn't even get to clean my wheels. Weather is very grey and drizzly today, so the pic's suck but I'll stick a few up anyways.

I didn't Tripple the front bumper so this is what it's like with todays rainfall on

P1030703 by puihungma, on Flickr

The bonnet, so about 12" up from ^^ untreated un-trippled area

P1030702 by puihungma, on Flickr

Side door shot

P1030709 by puihungma, on Flickr

Poor beading roof shot (But appreciate my 20mm f1.7 Panasonic lens )

P1030717 by puihungma, on Flickr

Poor reflection roof shot

P1030718 by puihungma, on Flickr

To be quite honest I wouldn't take these photo's as any sort of recommendation, as they are crap! But it's raining outside, I'm in a short sleeved work shirt and being a 4x4 the roof shots were taken at arms length

But I do like the product Easy to go on easy to remove, something which is often a royal pain on a silver car when you can't see where you've polished easily. In reality the gloss & reflections are very very nice. If I'd been on the ball yesterday I would've got some photo's when the sun was still out but I was rushing to get sorted for work again.

Hopefully it'll rain more so I can see some better beading as I'm very open to the fact that due to me rushing I didn't have time to let the product cure for as long as I probably should've so will be interesting to see how it takes to a quick job. I was literally applying to a panel then going over waiting a minute at most from finishing then going over and buffing off.

As a side note, what spray waxes/sealants would anyone recommend looking at if I wanted to top Tripple off? I've read a few posts saying Tough Coat but wondered if there were any others worth considering.

This is my daily workhorse that does and is in far from perfect nick so I don't really have the heart, most of the time, to spend an age giving it the works. So something quick and easy would be great
m1pui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Mad Ad

Thanked 1,383 Times in 965 Posts
Tough Coat leaves a great finish very easy to apply and remove
Mad Ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
bigslippy

Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,029 Posts
Garage