Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 10-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Mums V40, nothing exciting!

As the title states, fairly new car so nothing to shout about but fun nevertheless and she really appreciated it.

She got it last year winter time and honestly haven't had time/weather to do it yet, paint is still pretty much swirl free somehow. Parents use 2BM and mitt's etc but still fairly impressed, have a lacklustre phone pic to get a general idea:

Car wasn't too bad to start with as she'd cleaned it a week prior to this, just general dust and detritus inside and the outside was mainly just dust

Wheels still look ok just duller.

I tackled the interior first, hoovering the dash and seats using the soft brush attachment, then wiped the dash with a wet and warm cloth soaked in a tiny amount of APC. Cleaned the leather including steering wheel with CG leather cleaner (really good and leaves no scent or residue) and then finally mats out, hoovered underneath and then the mats themselves. Mats and carpets given a full can of some fabric guard sealant stuff I had lying around from some old Supaguard boxes as its always seemed to work fairly well and it was free!

Didn't get too many pictures of the during process but wash process went like:

Engine bay was just really dusty no real oil stains, just blasted down all over with PW, sprayed liberally with CG citrus clean APC and agitated with a few brushes, blasted off thoroughly and sprayed over liberally with AG supersheen and closed to dry

Wheels and arches cleaned with an old mitt, small brushes + APC and then T+G remover, dragons breath and rinsed. Used the same process on exhaust tips whilst I had the stuff out

Moved to bodywork

Foam including wheels with BH autofoam (looked spotless after this!)
Wash with some angelwax shampoo I got as a free sample
Rinsed and left to drip dry
Valet pro citrus tar and glue remover on lower portions and any spots I could see elsewhere
Dragons breath fallout remover on the lower edges and flat surfaces i.e. bonnet and roof before rinsing
Clayed using G3 clay mitt (still going strong few years later)
Given a final wash using Mitchell & King Spa before being rinsed and dried with CG woolly mammoth towel (incredible towel)

Used an old cheap sponge applicator to apply 2 coats of FK1000P to the wheels and exhaust tips
Dropped my normal MF applicator mitt so used the alternatives I had purchased just in case! "demister" pads for your windscreen from B&Q, soft enough for the task and £1 each. Used these to apply a coat of FK to the bodywork.
Used AG glass polish to thoroughly clean the windscreen and all other glass. Removed and went over with AF crystal cleaner to remove any remaining residue before using Angelwax H2GO to seal all the glass. Impressed with the beading of this so will await the feedback on both water repellancy once moving and durability!
Used Carpro Perl neat as tyre dressing, left for a while and buffed excess off. Also used this on all external plastics

Pics:

Angelwax shampoo sample:

Small amount but still bubbled up well with a great apple? scent and filled my huge CG buckets fine. Bubbles died down but was still so lubricating on the surface. Will definitely be buying some of this

Exhaust and plastic dressed:

Got tired halfway through at the ripe old age of 23 so had my first energy drink in a month, Lewis Hamilton edition!

FK1000P gives such a glasslike finish, excuse undressed tyres

Ended up helping my mum wash dads car quickly as well

Finished

Didn't get any of the wheels finished or engine bay cos I'm terrible at remembering to take photos

Interior:

Video of the Angelwax, cant seem to get it to embed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ij...ature=youtu.be

This is a really odd colour to get photos of as it's not deep at all and the lighting wasn't great! One thing I know after spending a day in and around the car is how well built it is. I know it's only a few years old but the interior still smells fresh out of the factory, everything is matt look, the seats are so clean and dont even look like they've been sat in, steering wheel is unmarked. Feels very solid and well put together. Mum loves driving it also, says it's a very nice car to drive. Has quite a few gadgets too

Congrats if you made it this far!
Smanderson117 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smanderson117 For This Useful Post:
mike90 (10-07-2017), sshooie (11-08-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Very nice, you've done a great job and it comes up really well. Do like the shape of the V40 and think the dash looks nice.

Lovely colour and its come out well, hopefully mum very happy !
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
ibiza55

Thanked 1,284 Times in 1,252 Posts
Garage
Any car owner must admit, even now very foreign owned Volvo cars have improved dramatically over the past few years, the fit and finish on your mum's car shows no exemption, nice work, the colour and trim suits the car.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #4
MadOnVaux!

Thanked 1,074 Times in 1,006 Posts
Very smart, nice work....it looks factory fresh
MadOnVaux! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MadOnVaux! For This Useful Post:
Smanderson117 (10-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Very nice, you've done a great job and it comes up really well. Do like the shape of the V40 and think the dash looks nice.

Lovely colour and its come out well, hopefully mum very happy !
Thanks, yes she's very happy but I think dad's a bit jealous and wants his doing but it's a huge car the 5 series so he can wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza55 View Post
Any car owner must admit, even now very foreign owned Volvo cars have improved dramatically over the past few years, the fit and finish on your mum's car shows no exemption, nice work, the colour and trim suits the car.
They really have come on, very well styled now and the build quality speaks for itself. The prices have started to reflect the improvements now but you can't blame them as you do get a lot for your money vs the equivalent german option
Old 10-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #6
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smanderson117 View Post
Thanks, yes she's very happy but I think dad's a bit jealous and wants his doing ....

Haha, know just how he feels - I did my wife's car on Sat with some new Auto Allure wax I'd bought her for her birthday and it looked so good and i was jealous, ended up doing mine on Sunday...
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Smanderson117 (11-07-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
JayMac
Orbital Oracle

Lovely job, I have one of these too, they really are great cars and as you say there's a real solid feel to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayMac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JayMac For This Useful Post:
Smanderson117 (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
Berylburton
Orbital Oracle

Garage
They are nice cars, but I ****ing ****ing ****ing hate those wheels with a passion
Berylburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #9
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berylburton View Post
They are nice cars, but I ****ing ****ing ****ing hate those wheels with a passion
Only just seen this apologies, why do you hate the wheels? I think they're easy to clean as the space behind them is vast!