Detailing World Forum banner

Seat Ibiza FR 20vt

59K views 144 replies 14 participants last post by  Chino 
#1 · (Edited)
I realised despite having been a member here for sometime, and having a thread for my VW Fastback, I've never created a thread for my long suffering 2005 Seat Ibiza FR.

OK, current spec:

ENGINE.

PD160 Intake
Ramair Induction Kit
Newsouth Power Gasket
APR R1 Diverter Valve
Forge Silicone TIP
Forge Silicone Throttle Hose
Creations Motorsport Silicone DV Hoses
Assorted Silicon hose upgrades
Awesome Breather Hoses
Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat
Milltek Catback Exhaust
Seat Sport FMIC
Forge FMIC Skin Kit
APR Stage 2 (runs around 240bhp/295ft-lb)

ENGINE (COSMETIC).
Forge Coolant Cap
Forge Oil Cap
Forge Washer Cap
Black Powder Coated Inlet
Black Powder Coated Cam Cover

TRANSMISSION/CHASSIS.
AP Coilovers
Powerflex Front ARB Bushes
Superpro Rear Beam Bushes
Superpro Control Arm upper Poly Bushes
Superpro Control Arm Lower Bushes
Powerflex Torque Arm Bush
Forge Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
3mm Spacers on front
10mm H&R Spacers on back

INTERIOR.
Seat Silver Gear Surround
Seat Silver Vent Surrounds
Seat Sport Sill Guards
Race Diagnostics Liquid Gauge
Newsouth Boost Gauge
RGM Pod for Boost Gauge
Seat Ibiza tailored mats
TT Pedals
Cupra Steering Wheel
Cupra Vent Controls

BRAKES.
Brembo Discs
Brembo Pads
Red Calipers
HEL Braided Hoses

LIGHTING.
8K HIDS
White Side Lights
White Full Beam
White Fogs

WHEELS/ TYRES.
17" Alloys
Bridgestone Tyres all round

EXTERIOR.

Facelift FR Front Bumper
Cupra Rear Bumper
Cupra Boot Spoiler
Cupra R Lower Splitter
Bosch Flatblades
Black Vinyl Roof
Black Mirrors
Gloss Black Rubstrips
Tinted Rear Windows
Black/chrome repeaters
Front Wind Deflectors
Black 'S' badge
Lamin-x'd Rear Lights
Dubmeister Plates
Richbrook Stubby Aerial

ICE.

Sony Double DIN Bluetooth HU
Ground Zero Titanium 2 Channel Amp
Ground Zero Titanium 4 Channel Amp
Auto Acoustics Stealth Shelf
Hertz 17cm Components
Pioneer TS-A6903i 6x9s
JBL Bandpass 1300W Sub
Aerial Booster

Car as it stands:

See less See more
#66 ·
That's better. Took it down around another 30mm and had it checked on a Hunter, alignment was all pretty good in fairness.

I've not gone crazy low with this being a daily, also I do like to drive it hard every so often so like to keep some travel for that.

#69 ·
I gave this a service the other day whilst I could borrow my mates ramps at his garage. Took the opportunity to wind the front coils down a little more, feels much more planted now and less 'lift' on hard acceleration. Had a good look around underneath, apart from one original control arm starting to show it's age (I'll get it swapped in the next 12months), all looks fine under there.

#73 ·
Indeed it is chaps :)

My drivers side mid speaker has been dead for a while, but with the rest of the system being such a good setup I've kinda managed without it for a while (one speaker down and it's still better than most car sound systems). However, my passenger side mid has finally started to crackle and die. Being that I listen to a mixture of metal/hardcore punk (where clarity is not so important), and Trance/EDM (where clarity is much more important and defects much more noticeable), I've got the car booked in at my friends car audio shop saturday to have the new Hertz components installed that I've had for ages and also give the ICE setup a once over.

#76 ·
The last week or so the car has developed that distinctive front end lurch when turning or taking bends that usually signals movement in the lower control arms. Due to the rest of the car being setup rather 'stiff' (to say the least), this makes it somewhat tail happy. It's not full on stepped out on me yet, but it has caused some minor countersteer/power down moments to correct. Anyway, obviously not wanting to be driving like this much longer I have just received these:

I opted for Superpro, not only because they will match to the rear beam bushes, but they are polyurethane encased in a metal sleeve, which the competitors do not offer. I imagine this will give them the edge in performance/longevity:

I think this is the first time I've know of someone actually killing a set of Ibiza Cupra lower console bushes, which is novel. I'll be getting these installed in the next week or so, after which I'll hopefully be solidly sticking to the roads again :)

#77 ·
Got the Ibiza finally going in for the bushings to be changed tomorrow. I've been somewhat distracted of recent as we had a new addition to the fleet that has kept me busy:

I must say, cleaning one of those and claying/machine polishing it is much harder work than a car!

#82 ·
TBH it's in that good nick it would be a short read, my only items to do on it are:

-steam clean chassis and under seal
-reseal high top
-flush and change coolant

If I'm feeling adventurous I might fit a solar charging system!

#84 ·
As usual, the Ibiza decided to put up a fight when having it's new bushings in. For some reason they have aluminium consuls and steel bolts that secure the control arms into them, as has happened before, one has corroded into the consul and snapped the head off whilst being removed. So the car is spending the night on the lift with replacement parts on order. In the meantime, I've been lent the beast of a shop car:

A 1.2 3 cylinder with approximately a quarter of the power lol Ah well, it'll get me home til mine's good to go, tomorrow :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.