Detailing World Forum banner

Seat Ibiza FR 20vt

59K views 144 replies 14 participants last post by  Chino 
#1 · (Edited)
I realised despite having been a member here for sometime, and having a thread for my VW Fastback, I've never created a thread for my long suffering 2005 Seat Ibiza FR.

OK, current spec:

ENGINE.

PD160 Intake
Ramair Induction Kit
Newsouth Power Gasket
APR R1 Diverter Valve
Forge Silicone TIP
Forge Silicone Throttle Hose
Creations Motorsport Silicone DV Hoses
Assorted Silicon hose upgrades
Awesome Breather Hoses
Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat
Milltek Catback Exhaust
Seat Sport FMIC
Forge FMIC Skin Kit
APR Stage 2 (runs around 240bhp/295ft-lb)

ENGINE (COSMETIC).
Forge Coolant Cap
Forge Oil Cap
Forge Washer Cap
Black Powder Coated Inlet
Black Powder Coated Cam Cover

TRANSMISSION/CHASSIS.
AP Coilovers
Powerflex Front ARB Bushes
Superpro Rear Beam Bushes
Superpro Control Arm upper Poly Bushes
Superpro Control Arm Lower Bushes
Powerflex Torque Arm Bush
Forge Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar
3mm Spacers on front
10mm H&R Spacers on back

INTERIOR.
Seat Silver Gear Surround
Seat Silver Vent Surrounds
Seat Sport Sill Guards
Race Diagnostics Liquid Gauge
Newsouth Boost Gauge
RGM Pod for Boost Gauge
Seat Ibiza tailored mats
TT Pedals
Cupra Steering Wheel
Cupra Vent Controls

BRAKES.
Brembo Discs
Brembo Pads
Red Calipers
HEL Braided Hoses

LIGHTING.
8K HIDS
White Side Lights
White Full Beam
White Fogs

WHEELS/ TYRES.
17" Alloys
Bridgestone Tyres all round

EXTERIOR.

Facelift FR Front Bumper
Cupra Rear Bumper
Cupra Boot Spoiler
Cupra R Lower Splitter
Bosch Flatblades
Black Vinyl Roof
Black Mirrors
Gloss Black Rubstrips
Tinted Rear Windows
Black/chrome repeaters
Front Wind Deflectors
Black 'S' badge
Lamin-x'd Rear Lights
Dubmeister Plates
Richbrook Stubby Aerial

ICE.

Sony Double DIN Bluetooth HU
Ground Zero Titanium 2 Channel Amp
Ground Zero Titanium 4 Channel Amp
Auto Acoustics Stealth Shelf
Hertz 17cm Components
Pioneer TS-A6903i 6x9s
JBL Bandpass 1300W Sub
Aerial Booster

Car as it stands:

See less See more
#127 ·
Yep it is, but it's the skinny original, mine is a PD160 intake, Seat reckon they unlocked an extra 10bhp on the PD150 engines just with the fatter intake. It's quite a sought after mod these days, they sell for silly money for a plastic ducting!

The car had its gear oil changed today, feels so smooooth!!!

#128 ·
Right, Ramair is on, makes cleaning the filter a lot easier, now I don't have to take the strut brace off to do so. I'm quite enjoying making lots of childish choo-choo noises with the DV etc too hah my engine bay needs a clean and my forge oil filler cap needs to go back on, but here it is:

#130 ·
How's the rear calipers been? Mine have been sticking on the mk4 golfs. Borrowed a rewind tool and worked them back and forth.

Seem good now

Any updates on the motor?
Since changed the calliper has been fine. My mechanic advised to change, said when they go you can free them off for a time but they tend to just start sticking again. Updates... well I've got a box of parts I've bought second hand to renew broken bits lol secondary air injection pump etc as mine has given up the ghost and keeps giving me an error.

#132 ·
The problem with that is unless you map it out you will always gets check engine lights(and APR stance on it is it's there for a reason so they don't map it out), even with resistors. It's pretty much been shown now bar weight reduction/engine bay tidying there is little performance benefit to do the deletes on these engines.

#133 ·
One of the original window regulators finally gave up the other day. Cue a fun job...

Once sorted ,time for a wass.

Currently awaiting it's day at the bodyshop after a neighbour reversed into the back bumper, flexed itand cracked all the paint :/ After that, time to get the OZ 17x8 rims refurbed and in some good rubber and back on.

#136 · (Edited)
Got another 12months MOT yesterday, only covered 2200 miles since the last one, although was advised a couple of things may need some attention... first on the list, foggy UV reacted healdights. Wet and dry out with some compound on the DAS-6 :

That's better.

Protected with some Soft99 for now.

I feel a little guilty for neglecting the Ibiza whilst being pre-occupied on the Golf and van, so will be doing a few other bits soon.

#137 ·
The other item highlighted to me at MOT was where the pinch weld has been bent from innappropriate jacking, surface rust had started and was creeping under the old underseal. I thought I'd best get on top of this.

The underside got pressure washed off and left to dry for a few days.

Grinder time to remove the surface rust and old underseal.

I then went to the affected areas with Vactan to convert and stabilise any surface rust, before giving it a coat of stone chip. Once this was dry I then proceeded to coat the underside with Dinitrol 4941. Really like this stuff, goes on so well and leaves a really nice satin black protection for underbodies.

#140 · (Edited)
Yeah the lock unit has been on it's way out a while and it was a job I was putting off, when the cable snapped on the window Reg it forced my hand lol that's the third window regulator this year including the one that went on the golf! Tbf both lasted 15 years in this, they both went within months of each other.

#145 ·
Well, that didn;t take log to go! One of my old friends who has known the car a long time and how it has been looked after jumped at the chance to buy it.

Once last cleanup before collection:

And that is the end of that era, thanks to all those who have read this one....new thread incoming once I've put up my new motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.