Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Shampoo
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-06-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,237 Times in 881 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld Review – Autoglym UHD Shampoo

Detailingworld Review – Autoglym UHD Shampoo

Introduction
Firstly thanks once again to Mark at Autoglym for sending over the shampoo for review

AutoGlym are long established brand, no strangers to keeping cars clean and protected.
For more info on them: https://www.autoglym.com/about-us

The Product

Scents not being my strongest point, I am going to say this is a melon scented slightly off clear, thick liquid.
The packaging with this shampoo is obviously very similar to the wax, and for branding reasons works fantastically. You know exactly what you're getting, but as you will see by the pictures it's not really feasible to keep the bottle in the box when it's in use. My box is battered, bruised and now in the bin. I just wonder in this day and age of packaging considerations and recycling, is it really necessary to have the box when the bottle says it all?!

Autoglym say about the UHD Shampoo:

" Introducing Autoglym Ultra High Definition. Breathtaking finishes, luxuriously smooth with invigorating, sensual fragrances. Ultra High Definition products turn car care into pure pleasure.
Ultra High Definition Shampoo is a luxurious, high foaming shampoo that glides across paintwork for an effortless experience. The all new, pH neutral formula gently removes contaminants and road traffic film to produce a high-gloss finish that’s incredibly smooth to the touch.*That’s the Autoglym way, always has been."

The Method

The car was prewashed and PW rinsed before a 2BM wash, the car had only done one week's worth of light driving so was not heavily soiled. The wheels were washed after with a dedicated soap and so not included as part of this review.

The rinse bucket was filled with clean water as normal. The wash bucket was filled with 9ltr of clean water, 40ml of UHD Shampoo was added and then 1ltr of clean water was added via PW to activate the soap and get the suds. This gave me a ratio of 250:1 (10000:40)

The car was then washed from the top down, starting on the roof and spoiler, down to glass and pillars, bonnet then rear, sides then front end. Black trim sections were washed separately with a different mitt.

There is no denying that this shampoo can transfer suds onto the paintwork well which is something I really like when washing the car. Really slick and free flowing, gives a feeling of real confidence that you are lifting and displacing dirt instead of dragging it on your mitt/pad. The suds hung about on panels for a long while also. I washed the car in shade but on a warm evening with breeze so there was still potential for water or drying marks, but there was very little of this.

The remaining bubbles and residues were very easy to PW off as shown here.

https://youtu.be/opO_vlkz7Pk

And once the wash was completed, car dried and all equipment all packed away the remaining suds in the wash bucket still remained strong where with other shampoo's I have used they would have been long gone!

*Price

The website shows the prices at:

£18.20*for the UHD Shampoo 1Ltr

https://www.autoglym.com/ultra-high-definition-shampoo

A quick search on a search engine or selling site will soon show plenty of resellers and offers available on this, so well worth a look
Also available in many automotive shops!

It may not be the cheapest on the market but IMO its paying for quality.

Would I use it again?

Without a doubt, and to be honest I may well replace my 'go-to' shampoo with this!

Conclusion

In conclusion this shampoo was an absolute doddle to use! Really easy on the car. Nice and slick, smooth to work with plus lifted dirt with no hassles at all. Very effortless and effective at the same time. With no gloss enhancers or added waxes etc this pure shampoo is, IMO, a real winner for maintaining LSP's. Left my car lovely and clean again!

"Detailingworld reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (26-06-2018), Citromark (25-06-2018), MSwiss (25-06-2018), pxr5 (25-06-2018)