Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #101
Kenan
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 406
Thanks: 72
Thanked 150 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleemSpray View Post
Well, on the bright side, once you find yourself a tub of FK1000p, you will never need another one - ever.
However when you find out you can put it on the wheels, side windows, headlights, bathroom waterfall taps etc etc it starts to wear down a bit quicker !!!!
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #102
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
GleemSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Manchester UK
Posts: 3,827
Thanks: 451
Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
However when you find out you can put it on the wheels, side windows, headlights, bathroom waterfall taps etc etc it starts to wear down a bit quicker !!!!
Hmmm, didn't think about glass and headlights. Am currently waiting for a dry day to do the wheels, so will try the other bits too !!

It seems to work well on smooth black plastic door mirror mounts, but i am avoiding any textured plastics.

Have to say that i have been hugely impressed with FK thus far.
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #103
Njs71
Washmitt Meister
 
Njs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 287
Thanks: 275
Thanked 142 Times in 106 Posts
Garage
I'll be using soft99. The gloss is brilliant and the water just runs off. I know this because as soon as I rolled the car out of the garage after a weekend of machine polishing it pi down lol.

Would there be any benefit of putting a base coat of fusso dark followed by soft99?
Njs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #104
cleslie
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
cleslie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,453
Thanks: 92
Thanked 494 Times in 378 Posts
Garage
Going for BH DSW and have bought some cleanser fluid for full longevity. For topping up I'm not sure yet as I have BH Hydra Wax, Optimum Car Wax, Carplan No1 supergloss, BSD and just bought some Infinity Wax QDX. Probably all the above at some point!
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #105
LewisChadwick7
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
LewisChadwick7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Barnsley
Posts: 2,508
Thanks: 334
Thanked 1,357 Times in 943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njs71 View Post
I'll be using soft99. The gloss is brilliant and the water just runs off. I know this because as soon as I rolled the car out of the garage after a weekend of machine polishing it pi down lol.

Would there be any benefit of putting a base coat of fusso dark followed by soft99?
soft99 are the manufacturer dude are you sure you didn't mean fusso followed by a coat of KOG?
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #106
Njs71
Washmitt Meister
 
Njs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 287
Thanks: 275
Thanked 142 Times in 106 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisChadwick7 View Post
soft99 are the manufacturer dude are you sure you didn't mean fusso followed by a coat of KOG?
LoL, I'm learning. thought they were from the same manufacturer

Yup that's what I meant.

So are there any benefits of using FUSSO under KOG
Njs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #107
Sam534
Washmitt Meister
 
Sam534's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 209
Thanks: 42
Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njs71 View Post
LoL, I'm learning. thought they were from the same manufacturer

Yup that's what I meant.

So are there any benefits of using FUSSO under KOG
Fusso lasts alot longer as it's a sealant. Fusso claims 12 months where KOG only 3. Fusso is targeted at durability whereas KOG is more for looks. So putting Fusso down first the KOG on top you have a long lasting sealant Base with the look of a carnauba wax.

KOG will need to be topped up after a few months

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
Sam534 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam534 For This Useful Post:
Njs71 (12-09-2017), shelton (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #108
iCraig
Washmitt Meister
 
iCraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester
Posts: 258
Thanks: 78
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Garage
I'm definitely going to have to have a look at this FK1000p; what sort of finish does it leave? Is it glassy like EGP or deep shine like DSW?
iCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #109
A&J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
A&J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Location Location
Posts: 2,347
Thanks: 494
Thanked 1,195 Times in 869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCraig View Post
I'm definitely going to have to have a look at this FK1000p; what sort of finish does it leave? Is it glassy like EGP or deep shine like DSW?
2 coats of this will give you a very glassy look. Its like you put a new layer of clear coat on top.
A&J is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
iCraig (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #110
LewisChadwick7
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
LewisChadwick7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Barnsley
Posts: 2,508
Thanks: 334
Thanked 1,357 Times in 943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njs71 View Post
LoL, I'm learning. thought they were from the same manufacturer

Yup that's what I meant.

So are there any benefits of using FUSSO under KOG
haha no bother we all start somewhere


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam534 View Post
Fusso lasts alot longer as it's a sealant. Fusso claims 12 months where KOG only 3. Fusso is targeted at durability whereas KOG is more for looks. So putting Fusso down first the KOG on top you have a long lasting sealant Base with the look of a carnauba wax.

KOG will need to be topped up after a few months

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
pretty much this fusso is laid down for durability and then KOG is added for bit more 'bling' to the finish do them 24hrs apart and you'll have a nice shiny and well protected motor! when the KOG wears off after a few months then yo have the durability of fusso to cover the rest of winter
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LewisChadwick7 For This Useful Post:
Njs71 (12-09-2017)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors