Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Tools / Towels / Other
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
G51 NAV
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Send a message via MSN to G51 NAV
DA or orbital suitable for one handed use?

Guys, is there such a thing as a quality DA or orbital that’s suitable for single handed use? Something maybe styled along the lines of the Moss Pro 6” but more professional that can take exchangeable plates and pads? It seems like no one out there even slightly considers that someone with one hand could possibly be into detailing and paint correction.

Thanks.
G51 NAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

Don't know if there are any alternatives made for one hand use.

But from what's available i think the Rupes Duetto LHR12E could be a good alternative.

Smaller size body and light weight
On/off switch instead of trigger, also placed so you can with one hand start the machine, polish an area and turn it off again without moving your hand on the machine
12mm orbit, not too wild but still enough for cutting defects with wool or mf-pads
And as all Rupes machines very well balanced

Last edited by ENEP; 01-06-2018 at 08:56 PM.
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
suds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
ABSOLUTELY. In simple terms yes- so long as the machine feels comfortable and you can use the on/off switch then it's perfect for you. Lots of members apply say 5lb pressure to the machine- my advice is to let the machine do its work and compensate by using a more 'aggressive compound/pad' combination.
DON'T be put off- perhaps try a few different makes of machine to see which suits you best- depending where you live there will be plenty of members who will let you try out their machines. - if you fancy a holiday I have two different machines for you to try 2 hrs by car to visit me or I might know a pro closer to you who may be able to facilitate a visit? PM me if you want

Last edited by suds; 01-06-2018 at 09:11 PM.
suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
G51 NAV
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Send a message via MSN to G51 NAV
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Currently (and for many years) I fight with an older Silverline and its standard trio of sponge pads, but because I can only hold it where the switch is, it's hard to use on horizontal surfaces, impossible on vertical services, and as I'm getting older I'm finding it's telling on my wrist and shoulder. I've been doing some wet sanding today, and have used the polisher. Photos posted elsewhere in the forum.
G51 NAV is offline   Reply With Quote