Detailing World Forum banner

Polish Applicators/buffing towels/Nebula

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  OvEr_KiLL 
#1 ·
Today's the day I thought I would start collecting a few products to improve my wash regime and finally introduce a polish.

I first wanted to get 2 new, more suitable buckets and a new wash mitt. I got 2, 16 Litre buckets from B&Q and a proper lambswool mitt from Halfords, so that's a good start. This is a big upgrade from my cheap £1 buckets and my microfibre noodle mitt.

I then decided that I wanted to introduce a polish to my wash regime.

I had already decided on SRP, because I'm not overly keen on a proper cutting polish at this stage.

Next week I'll get some EGP and I'm thinking about getting some Nebula (as a treat for finishing my dissertation) to finish things off with.

Anyway without all the rambling.

Polish applicators and buffing towels.

What's the major differences? I'm going to avoid the multipacks on eBay.

But Halfords do microfibre applicators for £2. Meguairs for £5, autoglym £8 etc, then I have all the options on the internet too.

As for buffing towels, should I be looking at a softer so to speak microfibre or will any microfibre do the job safely?

One more question, can I add Nebula on top of the EGP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
You can add a wax after EGP if you wish. There is no need but if you like the idea then do it. Not tried that wax but if it is high in solvents then I would try to give the EGP 12 hours or more to fully cure before applying the wax.

As for buffing cloths, yes they should be soft but will tend to be a little firmer than a drying towel as you want the fibres to remove the products rather than just absorb water. Not tried the Halfords towels so no idea how good they are

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.