Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 01-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
ffrs1444
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Ive given up on the aircon bombs i have a £2 can of Detol spray lemon smell and spray though the vents seams to have done the job mine started smelling the other day last weekend i done it no longer have the smell .
ffrs1444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #22
robby71
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldskoolRS View Post
I gave it another treatment with a second Airvidox kit and got the air con recirculate set correctly this time: Seems to have done the trick now, plus lots of roof down motoring in the nice weather, plus a long motorway journey visiting relatives over last bank holiday weekend.

I didn't want to mask the smell, so I'm glad it just smells 'neutral' now.
Hi
does using the Airvidox leave all surfaces damp with a film the same as using the airbombs running through the vents?
I've tried odour eliminator sprays in mine to get rid of smoke/ dog smells and it's helped a bit but i want it 100% neutrol but as i've cleaned all surfaces don't want to have to do all interior + glass again

Thanks
robby71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #23
woodycivic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldskoolRS View Post
I gave it another treatment with a second Airvidox kit and got the air con recirculate set correctly this time: Seems to have done the trick now, plus lots of roof down motoring in the nice weather, plus a long motorway journey visiting relatives over last bank holiday weekend.

I didn't want to mask the smell, so I'm glad it just smells 'neutral' now.

I don't buy a 'new' car very often because I have a company car for work, so we hadn't changed my wife's car for 7 years...I guess that puts me out of practice for the salesman's tricks. I still feel we got a good deal buying it when we did in bad weather and the end of the month, so overall I'm happy. Still, the car we traded in had a few 'ticking time bombs' so to speak, so it's not like I'm an angel.
Im in a similar situation as you. Once we have a car that is reliable we keep hold of it. We arent ones for changing every couple of years.

Ours was masked well and on a hot summers day when you first open the doors you do smell that it was a smokers car at some point. Dont get me wrong, within 30 seconds its gone and when the air con comes on its really fresh and clean (Done an air con cleaner bomb and the filter was pretty much new and clean when we bought it) but its still niggling at me that initial odour.

I've given it a 3 hour scrub inside (All carpets and seat fully vacced, cleaned with autoglym interior shampoo, all hidden crevices and seat beats well cleaned using Zoflora anti bacterial) so thats helped a lot. Dont get me wrong, its not an obvious smokers car as when cleaning hardly any yellow came out of the interior plastics so its either been a irregular smoker or has been given a really deep clean at some point in its life recently.

I've been quoted £90 for a deep clean of all carpets, seats and headlining (high powered extraction
machine along with some strong disinfectant and sanitising material) so im tempted to do this to make 100% sure as much of the initial source of the odour is gone and then try the airvidox.

As you say though, although the odour is annoying like you we got a really low mileage well looked after car (Serviced every 6k since new) so mechanically there werent many out there like this one.
woodycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
mikeyc_123
Washmitt Meister

After much research, cleaning and stressing I have purchased a kit from Airvidox after reading many reviews and contacting the company with various questions.

Everything in the car smells good when removed from the car so fingers crossed with this stuff.

Will be doing a quick (if there is such a thing!! ) exterior clean tomorrow after the 4 hours so I can be around the car when the engine is running with the fan on recirculation. Will post some photos and the results after a couple of weeks.

I am an ex-smoker and had the nose of a bloodhound whilst smoking so I pick up on stale cigarette smell even more now so any trace will be picked up on after the treatment.

Wish me luck!

Last edited by mikeyc_123; 10-08-2018 at 09:29 PM.
mikeyc_123 is offline   Reply With Quote