Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #11
tehvlb
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmoate View Post
The quick fit garden tap kits only punch a small hole in the wall of the 15mm copper pipe.

If you get a tap fitted , ensure that any isolation valve that is fitted is the 'Full Bore' type, they are only a few pound more and don'limit the flow.

Also if you get a plumber think about a hot tap, logistics allowing.
Wayne
thanks for this mate, i have a plumber coming to fit an outside tap adjacent to my garage so that i can route a hose into the garage for an "always on" water supply in there and i would not have known the difference.

Got me thinking now as to what type the other outside tap is around the other side of the house. I did a test on it before i got my new PW and it was pushing around 18LPM.
tehvlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #12
tehvlb
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykebike View Post
To maximize the flow make sure that you don't have any waterstop couplings in the line as the pressure drop across them is quite high. Other than that what about getting a larger bore hose?
good info, i didnt really put much thought into how much the little valve thing would prevent flow of water but im going home to change it over now

thanks
tehvlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #13
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 mad View Post
My garden tap is fitted with a garden tap kit, would it improve getting a plumber to install a copper pipe?
Just a thought Mad what flow rate are you getting out of your Kitchen tap that will tell you what the garden tap kit is costing you, as my previous post mine was halving the flow rate.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BruceVolvo For This Useful Post:
tehvlb (11-06-2018)
Old 13-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
R32 mad
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Just a thought Mad what flow rate are you getting out of your Kitchen tap that will tell you what the garden tap kit is costing you, as my previous post mine was halving the flow rate.
Well I got my garden tap plumbed in, now achieving 17.5 litres per min.

I guess the question now is, does a garden hose of 15mm diameter deliver a better flow of water as opposed to a 12.5mm version? or would the difference be negligible?

As Hozelock and Gardena sell both variants on amazon.

Last edited by R32 mad; 13-06-2018 at 02:26 PM.
R32 mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #15
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:

I guess the question now is, does a garden hose of 15mm diameter deliver a better flow of water as opposed to a 12.5mm version? or would the difference be negligible?

No idea Mad but if you've got 17.5 ltrs per min now you have more than enough for your Kranzle as it is.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,636 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:

The longer the hose the greater the flow loss.

The narrower the hose the greater the flow loss.

Short and fat is where it's at
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #17
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,060 Posts
Garage
I have a 25mm / 1" ID hose to take water from the water butt to the PW. It can flow over 20 lpm - and that's just the head from the water butt, no mains pressure at all. If you've got the room, a bigger hose helps a lot with flow...
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #18
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,636 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I have a 25mm / 1" ID hose to take water from the water butt to the PW. It can flow over 20 lpm - and that's just the head from the water butt, no mains pressure at all. If you've got the room, a bigger hose helps a lot with flow...
Is the 20 lpm out of the end of the open hose? If so people need to consider that the input to most pressure washers is via a hoselock fitting, which will be a significant flow restriction. Some pressure washers are not designed to work by "sucking" the water through the pipe and this can cause cavitation issues which can damage the internals of the pump.

I see from one of your other posts that you have a K7. These are designed to work with a negative head and can "suck" water from a tank at lower level than the machine.

Last edited by fatdazza; 15-06-2018 at 09:42 PM.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote