Detailing World Forum banner

Focus ST sea grey

29K views 73 replies 19 participants last post by  djryan25 
#1 ·
so photobucket has decided not to allow 3rd party file sharing unless you pay a silly amount so ive had to re do my project thread

ive now owned the car 2.5 years and done 90% of the mods myself.
the car is always looked after,

most recently its been clay barred and waxed with jayswax ceramic wax. meguiars mirror bright to top up during washes.
The engine bay is ceramic coated and i just give it a wipe down with ads mango juice for matte black. wheel are ceramic coated also so just use a ph neutral wheel cleaner. i use a few but most recently the meguiars mirror bright wheel cleaner. interior is just hovered and meguiars dash cleaner and leather care.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Focus ST Oem+

just had the bonnet resprayed.genuine RS bonnet with genuine RS vents. looks so much better with the correct fitment vents. really annoyed me before hand just having them cut out. really happy with it now. ive had it glossed on the underside too.

i even painted the clips to match lol. a little ocd

#70 ·
just had the bonnet resprayed.genuine RS bonnet with genuine RS vents. looks so much better with the correct fitment vents. really annoyed me before hand just having them cut out. really happy with it now. ive had it glossed on the underside too.

i even painted the clips to match lol. a little ocd

Hi mate sorry to bother you i have sea grey st 2007 what products do you use for paintwork i have a kestrel das6 and want to remove some swirls and leave with a nice wax shine anh recomendations. Tryed to pm you but im too new to forum

#7 ·
before ford fair i decided to refresh the front splitter as it had seen better days, so took the opportunity to replace all the bolts and under tray bolts. managed to borrow a mates ramp so had a quick clean on t he underside.

trimmed 10mm off and added a rubber edging

#12 · (Edited)
The engine bay as it stands at the present. soon to have a few little changes

The slam panel is custom made. i used the stand st slam panel and modified to allow fitment of the RS cais. i also cut out and flushed the bonnet stay holder as its now not used so wanted the flush look.

All the painted panels have been coated with G Technic C5 ceramic coating

After doing all the bay matt black two main things stood out. the front slam full section and the suspension legs. so i stripped everything down as much as i could and set about spraying them matt black. it come out brilliant and you would think the engine would have been out (future plans) dont have many pics of the during process as it was pretty time consuming and i wanted to crack on with it.

#13 ·
decided to refresh the headlights. cleaned all the rubbers, matt black painted the edges and added vinyl eye brows. first of was a wet sand and compound polish. 1000 to 2500 grit and autoglym 2 stage compound.

the parcel shelf has been recovered too to match the boot trim.

#14 ·
A few pictures from having a blast around the country side.
Ladybower reservoir and top end of Castleton. Car wasn't the cleanest as it was a last minute thing. Managed a quick wash tho lol. The cloudsvand surrounding was giving off some serious reflections. All images have a vignette around the edges.

Really gutted as if I was ten minute later I could have got the same picture at ladybower reservoir the Lancaster bomber doing a low flyby

#18 ·
when fitting the induction wrap i damaged a bit of the slam panel. my fault as i should have taken it off. as i have already modded it by making the mouth for the carbon cais and delete of the bonnet stay brackets, i thought id finish it off my filling the gap where the bonnet stay rested, a long way off yet, ill add the photos of the previous slam and mods,

and now the latest

its in a bit of a mess at the minute but it will be back better than ever.

#19 ·
wasnt 100% happy with the wrap and re fitting of the pipe. so i ordered some new wrap and re fitted it all to get a perfect fit. also added carbon to the jubilee clamps.

then i was sat in the car and something that always annoyed me was the silver screws. why didn't ford fit covers is beyond me.
so i set about firstly spraying the screws black. not content i went and found some covers from the garage. nothing major but i think the little difference all add up to one big one.

finally pick up another cap for the engine cheap of a mate. so it was quickl painted up and fitted.

#24 ·
Lol it never goes to Ford to be honest. Only to buy parts as a mate works in tbe parts department. I take it to a friend's local garage so I know it's done right. Obviously he can't be ott with the car like me so I make sure any covers that need taking off are done so before hand.

#25 ·
Started on the winter prep,
Stripped of the rear bumper to clean all areas and check for any signs of rust mk2 focuses are prone for where the bumper rubs.
Cleaned and ceramic coated all the paint to give a little protection. exhaust has a had a good clean and polish up.
Lights have been out to clean on the underside and given a few coats of wax.

The bumper brackets had lots of rust on them so cleaned as much as possible with a dremmel, rust treated then repainted.
A little ocd for some but i wasn't keen on the back of the bumper being white so i masked it all up after a good clean and painted it matte black. look loads better. all cables have been cleaned and re taped back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.