Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 17-10-2018, 10:53 PM   #11
horico
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dave View Post
Using ceramics outside a few times now you DO NOT want to be applying it at the end of the day. Temps drop too long too quick into the dew point and condensation will settle on the panel. You would need to be applying first thing in the morning to give it a chance to start to cure before temps drop.

If you want a ceramic based product then TAC Systems moonlight could be used or a spray sealant such as reload or cure. Otherwise stick with a simple but durable wax
Everything will be done indoors, hence me travelling to a friends work - the issue would be it raining on the way home.
horico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 11:31 PM   #12
Yellow Dave
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,133 Posts
Garage
You'll apply it indoors but then you're still taking it out to drive home shortly after so unless you can force cure with IR you're still no better off.

When I've had to do similar to yourself, I've spent a day on my own doing the full wash and decon and the initial cutting stages. Next morning with a friend just to quickly rewash, refine the paint then straight into coating asap typically by lunchtime at the latest.

You're cutting it fine with the weather this time of year and how long the temperature is usable. The coatings need a good few hours initially to get the main hardening done.

I play with the rules and risk application outdoors and not in controlled conditions. A lot of the time it's worked fine, there has been occasions I've lost the gamble. I wouldn't gamble applying it at the end of the day when ambient temps and dew points are low even in a garage. I also wouldn't gamble on driving it shortly after.

Use a semi permanent sealant or break it into a 2 day detail.
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #13
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,795 Times in 2,920 Posts
Garage
If it was me then I would leave the correction detail alone till next year (spring) and just give it a really good decon and a light machine polish just to give the paint a boast in appearance, then apply a good winter wax like collinite 476s which is a very good winter protection wax. Applying a ceramic coating after all the hard work of removing the defects in just one day is asking for trouble.

Leave it till next year and try and have at least 2-3 days (weekend) to do it properly
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #14
-Kev-

Thanked 8,793 Times in 6,953 Posts
Garage
I drove my car several hours back home within a few hours of it being coated with siramik sc15 with sc mist as a sacrafical layer, did no harm to the coating at all and it performed like day one for a good 18 months with no 'top ups' just simple washing. This was all done with the car indoors and not in one day
-Kev- is offline   Reply With Quote