Detailing World Forum banner

Show us your BMW!

544K views 1K replies 562 participants last post by  dave9 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
Big fan of BMW's and looking forward to getting one in the next year..so how's about you show us what you drive? :thumb:

#139 ·
Had a few M3's , 3 for show and 1 for go :thumb:

My first M3 , Estoril blue E36 Evo , all standard

My second M3 , estoril blue E46 , standard except for Eibach springs and CSL wheels

My current car , E92 M3 that started of Silverstone which I had resprayed , yes you guessed it Estoril blue :D:D

I built a RHD E30 M3 rally car a few years ago , 2.5 Evo engine running Prodrive cams , it was a full spec engine running 316hp , 6 speed Drenth sequential gearbox , Proflex suspension , I built it using the best parts available , and would give the current WRC cars a run for there money :thumb:

Thats it for my BMW ownership up to now :thumb:

#141 ·
Ianspeedy- stunning cars there, love the e92 in estoril, wonder why they stopped using that colour, maybe they felt it was time to stop that colour and move forwards. There is a blue available on latest m3 bit darker than estoril, cant remem the name of it and doesnt look quite as good imo.

#151 ·
I have to say this is the most boring thread on detailing world. Every which car looks the same. the only difference is the wheels. Maybe its me, I live in the silicon valley and everyone drives a BMW or a Mercedes. Every which 3 series, 5 series, m class, E class, C class looks the exact same. Theres not a single inspirational line or detail in the whole design. Same thing with Porsche. However, every one of these care are nice to look at and I would be proud if I owned one, largely just because of how they drive. These are status cars.

IMO the older BMWs from the 70s and 80s are so cute and sexy. I love the 2002. They are just so great, the design is daring and edgy. Unlike todays which are so forgettable and just boring. I get it, "don't fix what ain't broke." Atleast Japanese cars attempt to be daring, sometimes its horrible, but other times amazing, the nsx, recently made hyundai(they copy German designs, but they are flamboyant and tasteful), GTr, skyline, ect.

#152 ·
I have to say this is the most boring thread on detailing world. Every which car looks the same. the only difference is the wheels. Maybe its me, I live in the silicon valley and everyone drives a BMW or a Mercedes. Every which 3 series, 5 series, m class, E class, C class looks the exact same. Theres not a single inspirational line or detail in the whole design. Same thing with Porsche. However, every one of these care are nice to look at and I would be proud if I owned one, largely just because of how they drive. These are status cars.

IMO the older BMWs from the 70s and 80s are so cute and sexy. I love the 2002. They are just so great, the design is daring and edgy. Unlike todays which are so forgettable and just boring. I get it, "don't fix what ain't broke." Atleast Japanese cars attempt to be daring, sometimes its horrible, but other times amazing, the nsx, recently made hyundai(they copy German designs, but they are flamboyant and tasteful), GTr, skyline, ect.
if you don't like it don't read it. DW is a huge forum,find something else to read .Simple :thumb::thumb:

#171 · (Edited)
That has to be one of the best colours Ive seen on any car let alone a BMW .It looks stunning :argie::argie:

This is my e36 2.5i, it doesen't compare with what you guys have here but i'm really happy with it.

I'd reckon your car would be able to more than hold its own over here mate :thumb:

Daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.