Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 21-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
Smeghead
Unwashed Member

Garage
new pressure washer - advice please

Hi all
my karcher k2(?) is doing my nut (works ok, just a pita to use!) and i'm finding myself using it as little as possible preferring to use a hosepipe instead.
its about 10 years old so no qualms about binning it!
budget up to £400, but could stretch a bit if really needed.
would use it for keeping the cars clean and patio / driveway cleaning etc.
not a pro detailer so wouldn't be used more than once a week probably.
ideally like to have snow foam attachment and high power nozzle for driveway etc.
advice and suggestions welcome please.
many thanks
chris
Smeghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
With that budget then a Kranzle 1050P just about fits (after adding dirtblaster). It does have a lesser quality hose than other Kranzle models, and no reel for the hose so if hose managment is important then perhaps look elsewhere or plan for a later change in hose.

Karcher K7 on offer at Amazon currently at £299 - plenty of power and better pump/hose than your old K2.. Also available with better warranty from John Lewis

£360 gets you into the Karcher professional range, so that might be worth a look too https://www.trafalgarcleaningequipme...worth-100.html

Nilfisk around £360 (P150) will get you a good washer with hose management and a fairly decent hose
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
Rob D 88
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
With that budget then a Kranzle 1050P just about fits (after adding dirtblaster). It does have a lesser quality hose than other Kranzle models, and no reel for the hose so if hose managment is important then perhaps look elsewhere or plan for a later change in hose.

Karcher K7 on offer at Amazon currently at £299 - plenty of power and better pump/hose than your old K2.. Also available with better warranty from John Lewis

£360 gets you into the Karcher professional range, so that might be worth a look too https://www.trafalgarcleaningequipme...worth-100.html

Nilfisk around £360 (P150) will get you a good washer with hose management and a fairly decent hose
I cannot find any of the £300 Karcher K7 deals.

Any links? My mate is looking for a new pressure washer!

Thanks Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
macca666

Thanked 1,569 Times in 981 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
I cannot find any of the £300 Karcher K7 deals.

Any links? My mate is looking for a new pressure washer!

Thanks Rob
It was in a thread earlier today Rob I'm thinking it was one of the deals of the day which has now expired as they appear to be back up to full price having just searched there.

If not hopefully someone will come along and supply a link.
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
Rob D 88
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
It was in a thread earlier today Rob I'm thinking it was one of the deals of the day which has now expired as they appear to be back up to full price having just searched there.

If not hopefully someone will come along and supply a link.
Cheers Macca...

Don't affect me I have mine lol.
Just looking for a friend as he needs one!

Rob

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #6
macca666

Thanked 1,569 Times in 981 Posts
Garage
Here was the post doesn't have a link but when I saw it I just googled and it came up. I assume John Lewis were doing their price match meaning as it's went up in price with Amazon there's wil be the same as it appears as 489 there as well now.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=404071
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,748 Times in 2,057 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
Hi all
my karcher k2(?) is doing my nut (works ok, just a pita to use!) and i'm finding myself using it as little as possible preferring to use a hosepipe instead.
ideally like to have snow foam attachment and high power nozzle for driveway etc.
many thanks
chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
Hi all
many thanks
chris
If you can find a few more pennies, have a look at the Kränzle K1050 TST https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...essure-washer/

5% DW discount gets it down to £475, and for that you get an integrated hose reel, 12m proper rubber and steel wire hose, "Dirtkiller" lance for your drive, plus it's a standard M22 hose so you can adapt short guns or whatever you like onto it.

The 1050 series has a particular quick release bayonet onto the gun, so you can adapt any foam lance you like (including one you already have) onto it. Elite sell the adaptor to an M22 thread (https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...nce-connector/), or qwashers on eBay sell the actual bayonet, (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202022170367) if you just want to adapt one yourself.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
rob2278
Washmitt Meister

If your looking at spending around £400, I'd personally shy away from domestic models mentioned.....
rob2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #9
Smeghead
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If you can find a few more pennies, have a look at the Kränzle K1050 TST https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...essure-washer/

5% DW discount gets it down to £475, and for that you get an integrated hose reel, 12m proper rubber and steel wire hose, "Dirtkiller" lance for your drive, plus it's a standard M22 hose so you can adapt short guns or whatever you like onto it.

The 1050 series has a particular quick release bayonet onto the gun, so you can adapt any foam lance you like (including one you already have) onto it. Elite sell the adaptor to an M22 thread (https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...nce-connector/), or qwashers on eBay sell the actual bayonet, (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202022170367) if you just want to adapt one yourself.
many thanks for the reply.
the Kranzle sounds very interesting, and having done some research, they sound like very good machines.
i don't mind spending a bit more to get a quality item
if i were to really push the boat out, would the 1050 be the best option, or would something like 1152 last me longer / do the jobs better?
Smeghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #10
MBRuss
Orbital Oracle

I'm also interested in this. What's the difference between the 1050 and 1152?
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MBRuss For This Useful Post:
robxr2 (24-03-2018)