Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Nilfisk Superflex Hose

Hi

Does anybody know of an after market trigger/gun that will take the quick fit connection on a Nilfisk suplerflex hose as pic attached, I want the gun to be able to take various lances, short, cranked etc. I spoke to Qwashers and they didn't do one

I don't want to cut the Nilfisk connection off and change to a 22mm/other quick fit connection as I've only had the pressure washer a couple of months and this would void the warranty.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nilfisk-10m-Superflex-Hose.jpg (28.5 KB, 62 views)
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
\Rian
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 321
Thanks: 6
Thanked 104 Times in 80 Posts
Garage
No Need

I had your issue and I purchased a quick relese fitting.

You just take the extension of the gun and attach this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wate...ceBeautifyAB=0

OR this shorter one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Nilfisk-Ger...ptor/860979728

As mentioned you can get additional quick release extensions like the below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/bent...701785184.html

This is the cheapest option to allow you to fit multiple quick release options
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Hi Rian

Thanks, yes I've seen those I had qwashers make me a short 100 mm lance with a vario, but you've still got the length of the Nilfisk gun itself. I was hoping to find a Suttner type gun that will fit the superflex hose outlet which with a very short lance gives the set up I was after, suspect they don't exist if qwashers don't do them.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
\Rian
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 321
Thanks: 6
Thanked 104 Times in 80 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Hi Rian

Thanks, yes I've seen those I had qwashers make me a short 100 mm lance with a vario, but you've still got the length of the Nilfisk gun itself. I was hoping to find a Suttner type gun that will fit the superflex hose outlet which with a very short lance gives the set up I was after, suspect they don't exist if qwashers don't do them.
My apologies Bruce, I see what you mean and you are indeed left with a fairly long Nilfisk gun, I have been looking for a solution like yours but cannot find anything suitable, I couldn't even find an adapter for the Nilfisk hose quick release to convert it to a standard quick release like the Suttner guns take, Nilfisk dont like it when people modify their stuff so they make it as hard as possible for people like us to upgrade stuff on them
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
My apologies Bruce, I see what you mean and you are indeed left with a fairly long Nilfisk gun, I have been looking for a solution like yours but cannot find anything suitable, I couldn't even find an adapter for the Nilfisk hose quick release to convert it to a standard quick release like the Suttner guns take, Nilfisk dont like it when people modify their stuff so they make it as hard as possible for people like us to upgrade stuff on them
Yep, suspect that's the case , Nilfisk even brought up the warranty issue when I asked what connection I needed for an aftermarket snow foam lance and they must know their's and Karcher foam lances are c__p.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
\Rian
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 321
Thanks: 6
Thanked 104 Times in 80 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Yep, suspect that's the case , Nilfisk even brought up the warranty issue when I asked what connection I needed for an aftermarket snow foam lance and they must know their's and Karcher foam lances are c__p.
That's outrageous, no one in their right mind would use the little plastic ones that come with them, ultimately I think it comes down to money as like most companies the real profit is in the consumable items.

If you do find a solution please be sure to post your find, and I will do likewise, the hunt continues!
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
saul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,154
Thanks: 567
Thanked 335 Times in 263 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Hi

Does anybody know of an after market trigger/gun that will take the quick fit connection on a Nilfisk suplerflex hose as pic attached, I want the gun to be able to take various lances, short, cranked etc. I spoke to Qwashers and they didn't do one

I don't want to cut the Nilfisk connection off and change to a 22mm/other quick fit connection as I've only had the pressure washer a couple of months and this would void the warranty.

Any ideas?

Thanks
That looks the same as mine. Would qwashers not have a coupler for this?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #8
\Rian
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 321
Thanks: 6
Thanked 104 Times in 80 Posts
Garage
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
That looks the same as mine. Would qwashers not have a coupler for this?
Hi Saul, they dont yet, its like the banjo bolt for the e140 3.9 took a while for 3rd parties to manufacture that
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
That's outrageous, no one in their right mind would use the little plastic ones that come with them, ultimately I think it comes down to money as like most companies the real profit is in the consumable items.

If you do find a solution please be sure to post your find, and I will do likewise, the hunt continues!
Yes they all do it Rian, they sell the item at a knock down price and ramp up the consumables. I bought the Mrs a new Vax for mothers day a couple of weeks ago(I know too generous ) £200, for what you get it looks a bargain but its £10 for 1.5L of cleaning solution, yet you can buy 10L of an alternative for £20on Amazon thats got 5 star reviews
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #10
BruceVolvo
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
That looks the same as mine. Would qwashers not have a coupler for this?
No, qwashers don't do one yet Saul, already asked them, so the only alternative is a new hose or butcher the superflex. Unless steelghost has got any bright ideas he seems to know what he's talking about, hint hint nudge
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors