Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone > The Biker Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21-06-2018, 11:41 PM   #1
Yellow Dave
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,134 Posts
Garage
Triumph street triple 765RS

Anyone ridden on yet?

I've a 2010 street 675 and cotemplating the change up. Everything about it ticks all th boxes, but undecided on the looks. Not that it's bad it's just not as nice to look at as what I've got now. And it's not available on red!

Don't really like or get on with my local triumph dealer so means a decent trip to to a dealer that has somewhere decent to take for a test ride.
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Used to have a ST675R that I liked and like the look of this one too - my style of bike. I personally wouldn't need the extra cc over the old 675 engine. Interesting how they have the different torque and power tune for the S, R & RS models, I'd wonder how much different that each would be on the road in terms of the engine.
c87reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
Yellow Dave

Thanked 1,419 Times in 1,134 Posts
Garage
Needing and having extra power are quite different. A lot of the time I wouldn't need more, but then there are the times I really want more.

It's all the other bits. The nearly 10years of improved technology. Noticed this a lot when I changed my mountain bike a year or so back. Didn't read like a big change but the ride!!! The better brakes, now radial mount and brembo's on the older nissin standard mount. Ohlins suspension. Lower weight with lower centre of gravity. Lots of little improvements could make it significant
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Im between the street triple rs and the MT-09 SP. I was very nearly signing up to a PCP deal on the Triumph at the weekend but sky high insurance quote put a swift end to that dream !

Need to get at least 1 years experience and no claims under my belt but then will definitely be going for one of these 2 bikes, the question is which one.......
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
Mother-Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Im between the street triple rs and the MT-09 SP. I was very nearly signing up to a PCP deal on the Triumph at the weekend but sky high insurance quote put a swift end to that dream !

Need to get at least 1 years experience and no claims under my belt but then will definitely be going for one of these 2 bikes, the question is which one.......
Whilst I haven't ridden these variants, I have ridden their adventure style cousins (Tracer 900 (& GT) and the Tiger 800 XRT so far) - Triumph all day long in these forms. The build quality is so SO much better than the Yamaha (even if it's just perceived quality - the Yam's switch gear feels low rent). The Triumph's ride was far more sorted IMO too, but that's probably personal preference.

I'm not sure why the Yam's 900 Triple is rated so highly either, I found the Triumph far more compliant?
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
Bungleaio
PC Perfectionist

Garage
I have a 765RS and love it, I've had it since the end of March and its now on nearly 6k miles.
Bungleaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bungleaio For This Useful Post:
Yellow Dave (16-08-2018)