Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 11-10-2015, 11:59 PM   #111
pk222
Sponge Jockey

Have just ready through the 10 odd pages and so glad I found this post... a bit of advice if I may for 15yr old black Nissan paint (200sx) as this thread seems more relevant ..

Think its coming down to the two below and appreciate if people could comment on their experience between the two below (or any others that might be more suitable)
- Scholls S40 (plus S30+ or get a pad with more bite)
- Menzerna PF4500 (plus SF4000 or get a pad with more bite)

Pads: black and blue Hexlogic pads
Do I need to get other pads for soft paint or will the Hexlogic pads be sufficient?

Currently leaning towards the Sliverline/Ep801 rotary polishers

Am preferring the diminishing abrasive style polishes as feels like less risk on the rotary hence not sure re Megs 205 or Dodo Juice Lime Prime which also seem recommended for soft paints.

The paint has never been corrected and am aiming for just better shine at the moment rather than attempting any serious correction being my first time so going to take it easy most likely

Thanks in advance
pk222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 03:58 AM   #112
BradleyW
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk222 View Post
Have just ready through the 10 odd pages and so glad I found this post... a bit of advice if I may for 15yr old black Nissan paint (200sx) as this thread seems more relevant ..

Think its coming down to the two below and appreciate if people could comment on their experience between the two below (or any others that might be more suitable)
- Scholls S40 (plus S30+ or get a pad with more bite)
- Menzerna PF4500 (plus SF4000 or get a pad with more bite)

Pads: black and blue Hexlogic pads
Do I need to get other pads for soft paint or will the Hexlogic pads be sufficient?

Currently leaning towards the Sliverline/Ep801 rotary polishers

Am preferring the diminishing abrasive style polishes as feels like less risk on the rotary hence not sure re Megs 205 or Dodo Juice Lime Prime which also seem recommended for soft paints.

The paint has never been corrected and am aiming for just better shine at the moment rather than attempting any serious correction being my first time so going to take it easy most likely

Thanks in advance
S17+ with Hex Logic Green for serious defects.
S30 with Hex Logic White for light to moderate swirls.
S40 with Hex Logic White for light swirls.

Scholl tend to have a more deeper cut when you apply a lot of pressure onto the paint surface. Bear that in mind when using the S17+.
Don't press too hard, you'll stop the pad from orbiting and/or spinning. Draw a mark on the back plate. If the mar is spinning, you are OK. If it's not really spinning, your applying too much pressure.

Remove the polish when it's glazing and slight murky. If you remove too early, it'll feel like you are rubbing half baked wax off the panel. Simpy stop wiping and continue to polish for a pass or two and recheck.

Don't use open cell pads such as Hex Logic Black. The pad can become clogged and cause issues with the correction process in time, so I've heard a few people say. Double check this with Scholl! They claimed it was advice given by Scholl.

Last edited by BradleyW; 27-01-2018 at 04:05 AM.
BradleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #113
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,585 Times in 2,774 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
S17+ with Hex Logic Green for serious defects.
S30 with Hex Logic White for light to moderate swirls.
S40 with Hex Logic White for light swirls.

Scholl tend to have a more deeper cut when you apply a lot of pressure onto the paint surface. Bear that in mind when using the S17+.
Don't press too hard, you'll stop the pad from orbiting and/or spinning. Draw a mark on the back plate. If the mar is spinning, you are OK. If it's not really spinning, your applying too much pressure.

Remove the polish when it's glazing and slight murky. If you remove too early, it'll feel like you are rubbing half baked wax off the panel. Simpy stop wiping and continue to polish for a pass or two and recheck.

Don't use open cell pads such as Hex Logic Black. The pad can become clogged and cause issues with the correction process in time, so I've heard a few people say. Double check this with Scholl! They claimed it was advice given by Scholl.
Am sure he's sorted it by now mate
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Choppy (27-01-2018)