Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #161
Coxy914
The Audi Guru

Thanked 1,001 Times in 390 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
sounds like the dodo haven't a clue wot they've made!!! Its just a load of marketing. They might be able to sound like they know what there talking about, but there not detailers or into detailing, there just blagging it with marketing.
eeeerrrr..wtf???

Think someone needs a ban. You've added no useful input at all into any of your posts.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #162
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined Reflections View Post
I guess you never read my original post when I was testing the pre production LP, I made mention at least twice that it contained fine abrasives.
Gary - I'm glad you confirmed this, as I was sure I didnt imagine it.

My next question is one about how abrasive is this compared to finishing plishes like Megs #80, 85RD etc, and exactly what technique is required to use it effectively?

I assumed a couple of passes by machine with med speed, just like a glaze would be enough, but now I wonder if I need to work it like a polish?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #163
k@tbloke
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via MSN to k@tbloke
As a complete detailing novice i use this site for help and advice and have picked up some really good tips and stuff and one of those tips related to using a sealer between glaze and wax my choice was always ex-p, are we no longer using a sealer as LP, HD whatever seems to be the products of choice.

Its probarbly just my lack of understanding but a sealer was to protect paint from whatever elements wax couldnt protect against so a cleaner fluid must strip this protection off unless new waxes are now UV protectants or whatever.

Im probarbly miles away from the truth tbh.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #164
Refined Reflections

Location: Norwich, Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, 3rd Rock from the Sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
Gary - I'm glad you confirmed this, as I was sure I didnt imagine it.

My next question is one about how abrasive is this compared to finishing plishes like Megs #80, 85RD etc, and exactly what technique is required to use it effectively?

I assumed a couple of passes by machine with med speed, just like a glaze would be enough, but now I wonder if I need to work it like a polish?

Hi mate, nice to know some read what is written

I'd say that LP is as fine if not finer than Menz FF 85RD, I can't compare it to Megs #80 as its been months since I've used it.

On application by PC I use a 10p sized blob, speed 1 to spread, then 2 or 3 passes at speed 3, if I'm looking on soft or very light marred paint then I'll do a couple of passes at speed 5 and then move on to the next section or panel. It can be worked like a super fine polish on paint that is real soft for more defect removal, but this I removal is more down to the pad than the LP, as L200Steve proved on the wet sanded Fiesta using just a pad and water.

Oh still need to sort out coming to see you at some point to do some more trade swaps/lessons
Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #165
PhillipM

Don't feed the troll Spitfire!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #166
Brazo
ADMIN

Thanked 3,292 Times in 1,700 Posts
Garage
Right Lucy has been banned permanently. Although of course Lucy doesn't exist simply a second account on an existing member which is currently being investigated. Thread for now has run its course.
Closed Thread