Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > The Daily News Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Daily News Zone Want to keep up with whats happening in the Automotive industry - Check back here daily.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
The V6 diesel in the current model is unbelievable. Makes the car for me, get a test drive of one and stick it in sports mode, sounds more like a petrol

Sorry...Not a fan of diesels. Much prefer my V6 petrol which actually is it, rather than one that nearly sounds like it when warm and not idling...

Never mind the fact that I don't do enough miles, or the right kind of miles to warrant a diesel anyway, but I will always factor sound and performance over economy. Worth the extra running costs (which are probably not that much different anyway...).

Think you have to be pretty nuts to buy a diesel in the current climate as well, but appreciate that's highly debatable.

Horses for courses and all that, but never have and never will own a diesel car...
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #12
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,441 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
Sorry...Not a fan of diesels. Much prefer my V6 petrol which actually is it, rather than one that nearly sounds like it when warm and not idling...

Never mind the fact that I don't do enough miles, or the right kind of miles to warrant a diesel anyway, but I will always factor sound and performance over economy. Worth the extra running costs (which are probably not that much different anyway...).

Think you have to be pretty nuts to buy a diesel in the current climate as well, but appreciate that's highly debatable.

Horses for courses and all that, but never have and never will own a diesel car...
Have you tried the Sq5 Plus ? or the Sq7 ! worth a drive even if you don't like diesels
Old 11-01-2017, 02:45 PM   #13
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,248 Posts
Frightening to say it but the SQ5 plus or even the SQ7 will give most of the petrol powered S cars a run for there money.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Ah yes I'm sure they are great fun, and very impressive, but the diesel experience as a whole just doesn't appeal.

The main reason is that a diesel just wouldn't be suitable for my driving. In the same way an electric car for a long distance motorway muncher just wouldn't work, diesels don't work for the low mileage, short, stop start town driver.

The BiTDI in particular looks like a powerhouse....

Remember that 0-60 is only part of the story though. I would hazard a guess that at the higher ends, the very short RPM range of the diesels ridiculous torque stats would start to show?
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sq5