Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 08-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #11
hardyd44
PC Perfectionist

Another vote for AS, smart wheels is the best cleaner I have ever used and diluted 4/5:1 very good value.

As said before AS are more of a trade product (minimum 5lts for most of their stuff) therefore not as much internet support, although I have found my rep (hello Doctor) very helpful on dilutions and usage. I have some autoglym stuff that I still use and find it is good quality (SRP), but for value for money AS is hard to beat.
hardyd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #12
pt1
PC Perfectionist

I have smart wheels which is great stuff,g101 which is very versatile,I use it on everything from the car to around the house.i got the awax detail spray also which is amazing value as I got 5 litres for around £23.it leaves a lovely gloss and is great as a drying aid
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
skodadriver
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Duet shampoo ,no complaints.
skodadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #14
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,615 Posts
I have quite a bit of the AutoGlym retail stuff and it all does what its supposed to do, to a high standard, so i trust it as a brand. Have got 5L of Express Wax which is an impressive last step drying aid / quick wax.

I have got AS Tardis, which is a great product and will cut through just about anything.

Also got 5L of Topaz (which i cant still fully figure out ) - all i know is that it is dead easy to use and puts a brilliant, glassy, shine on any surface. It is also surprisingly durable.
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #15
max1805
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for everyone's input on this! It seems Autosmart has it's place when it comes to dressings, wheel cleaners tar removers etc.

The reason I wasn't comparing Autoglym's Pro range exclusively with Autosmart is because as far as I'm aware, the vast majority of products that AG sell in shops are just smaller quantities of their Pro range. That's what has attracted me to using AG all these years, because their retail products aren't any different to their large volume Pro products. Granted, there are a few products in the Pro range which you can't buy in small quantities, but these seem to be things like TFR's and super-strength interior cleaners etc.

Thanks again for everyone's opinions!
max1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #16
Matt_Nic

Never been a big lover of Autoglym. Definitely it's biggest USP is being so readily available in Halfords across the country.

What kind of things are you looking for? You could try products that don't begin with "auto"
Matt_Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt_Nic For This Useful Post:
max1805 (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #17
max1805
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Nic View Post
Never been a big lover of Autoglym. Definitely it's biggest USP is being so readily available in Halfords across the country.

What kind of things are you looking for? You could try products that don't begin with "auto"
Haha yes I could ;-) I've got a lot of Autoglym products and Auto Finesse ones so I don't think I can justify buying anymore until I've used them up! Although, I did buy some Gyeon Wetcoat and I love it.

I must say, I was very hesitant before buying Auto Finesse products because of some of the bad press they got on here - but I've gotta say, I've not come across a 'bad' product from them. All easy on / easy off. I struggled with Autoglym products when I used to have a black car because certain products would smear or leave 'greasy' streaks on the paint in warm weather - something that's not happened with AF.

I suppose I'm just looking to see what else is out there and whether I can get better value for money by using Autosmart.
max1805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #18
cargainz
Orbital Oracle

If you are after Auto***** companies, then give AutoGlanz a go, given that a car is an "auto", then you have a few in the mix.

AutoGlym is probably more well known to the average Joe than any of the other Auto* detailing companies and it employs something like 130 people and ships to 40 countries. Apparently they have two Royal Warrants of Appointment that see its products used on vehicles serving HM The Queen and HRH Prince of Wales.
cargainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #19
Andre
Sponge Jockey

Hi,

I use some Autosmart products,too. And although I didn't try all of them, my personal opinion is that they have some very good stuff and some average stuff to make it the offer more comprehensive. And they are more in valeting area than detailing, I mean their chemicals are heavy duty cleaners,less protective with Lsp than oter brands

Things I use are :

G101, their APC,which works brilliant on the right dilution,like 15:1 for interiors
Brisk -works well on upholstery- they do a Bio Brisk as well,which does a good job
High Style -a heavy duty silicone dressing -very good for faded tyres
Dash Dandy- aerosol with no silicone , leaves the dash in a satin to matt finish
Red 7 does a good job as a Iron remover and costs like £35 for 5l
Smart wheels is good for regular wheels wash
Ali Shine-low acid wheel cleaner does a wonderful job on wheels never washed for 10 years,plastic friendly
Tardis -tar remover but works slower than Car Chem tar remover
Treble x- acid cleaner- removes concrete and cement briliant for builders vehicles,etc, plastics friendly
Alu - acid cleaner for Aluminium -leaves marks on plastics
Plus 10 - is a powerful degreaser, works well against oil marks,old grease from hinges,etc

Those are the mains I use. Hope it helps
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Useful Post:
max1805 (11-05-2017), todds (20-02-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #20
trv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post

they are more in valeting area than detailing, I mean their chemicals are heavy duty cleaners,less protective with Lsp than oter brands

Rubbish.
trv8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto finesse, autoglanz, autoglym, autosmart