Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Auto Finesse
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #41
AGRE
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanks as always to Auto Finesse

For this I made up a 500ml bottle with 100ml of Imperial. At the time of reciving the sample I had fairly clean wheels. I just quickly sprayed-on rinsed-off and was impressed with the results.
Sprayed on, left for 3-4 minutes and rinsed off. It clung to the wheel well enough so I applied it to all four wheels at once. It easily broke down the dirt and didn’t dry out by the time I came round to rinse.

For a quick wash, first impressions were good. Only a small amount of product needed in both dilution and application and overall it left a ‘clean’ wheel.

Then I left my wheels to get dirty to see how well the spray and rinse approach worked on a dirty wheel.

Again, I just sprayed Imperial on to the wheel and left it to dwell for 3-4 minutes..

Quick blast looked promising..

The result from just a product rinse off - no agitation.

Re-applied the product and agitated with a brush.. as you do
Imperial foams up very easily..

The results after very little effort..

Overall another great product from Auto Finesse , easy to use with great results.. 100% recommend

Last edited by AGRE; 04-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.
AGRE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AGRE For This Useful Post:
Auto Finesse (27-08-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #42
Raging Squirrel
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Big thanks to Auto Finesse for another product to test.

I've never used Imperial before as I found that I really liked a product from another company and have stuck with it since January.

However, Imperial has changed my mind with one use, as it was that good. I diluted down 4:1 (water/product) for the rear wheel of my VW Caddy. The Caddy was last cleaned properly about 3 months ago so the wheels were dirty enough for medium potency. The Imperial was applied via a soft bristled brush and agitated lightly, then rinsed using low pressure with a hose gun on the 'shower' setting.

The strength of 4:1 was strong enough to easily remove the dirt from the wheel without needing much agitation at all, as well as no pressure to remove. The wheel came up very clean, with no stubborn dirt clinging on.

The front wheel however was considerably dirtier. I diluted the Imperial down 1:1 and again applied via a soft bristled brush. Again the solution was strong enough to cut right through the grime, and rinse off with the hose gun without any pressure.

Imperial has really impressed me. It foams well when applied, smells like a good wheel cleaning product and with varying dilution ratios, seems to be really good value for money.

This will definitely be on my 'to buy' list when my next product order goes in as it really impressed with its cleaning power.

Raging Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raging Squirrel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #43
Luke3
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Hi all,

So as you're all probably aware now, AF have tweeked imperial, I was thinking what could they possibly do to make it better? So that's why I was looking forward to testing it!

So first thing I noticed from the previous imperial the change of smell to it, previously it just smelt pure chemical in my opinion, but now it's not quite as bad with a hint of something else, which is nice!!!

My wheels were pretty caked in brake dust and road grime so I thought it would be a good test.

I used roughly 25% imperial to 75% water, I get a bit trigger happy with wheel cleaner so first of all I applied it to my tyre, and noticed straight away it was lifting dirt whilst I was spraying it on which I can say I'd never really noticed with the previous imperial, so this was a good start, I agitated with a brush then rinsed.

I then applied liberally to wheel face, inside wheel and caliper.

I thought I'd test it with the jet wash to see what it's cleaning power was like, a quick blast and I'd say 90% of the grime was gone, which I'd say was a bit more effective than the last imperial slightly!

All in all I say the AF team have made a brilliant product a little bit better, which can't be bad can it really?!

Would I buy some? Of course I would!
Luke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke3 For This Useful Post:
Auto Finesse (27-08-2014), chrisgreen (05-08-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #44
Elliot_C
Orbital Oracle

Send a message via Skype™ to Elliot_C
This is my write up of the new improved wheel cleaner

First up is some pictures of my wheels on my Fiesta ST500 Replica which I don't think had been cleaned for around 9weeks.
AF New Improved Wheel Cleaner by Elliot_ST, on Flickr

Next up was the product diluted to around 4:1

Product already for use, but given a quite shaking before soaking the surface

It wasn't left to dwell for too long as it was a hot day

Adigtated with multiple brushes and wheel woollies then a good rinse off with the PW

My wheel are, Well... Hanging so to speaking (Picture below) but from the picture above, it came out quite well

10/10 for me
Elliot_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliot_C For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #45
Clyde

Hi DW,

Apologies if my review us a few days late. So here's my review of AF Imperial. I've been using this for a while so was keen to see what improvements had been made. As my wheels hadn't been cleaned for about a month I used a 1:4 ratio of product/water.

So the before pictures:

I left this to dwell for 5 minutes. At this point I decided not to agitate the wheels as I wanted to see how effective the improved formula was on cakes on dirt.

Rinsed off pictures

Very impressed given how they were caked in dirt.

I applied Imperial again and allowed 5 mins to dwell. This time the wheels were agitated with a wheel woollies and brush to ensure they were fully cleaned. Finished results:

So would I recommend and buy Imperial? Yes, I've been using the older formula for about 18 months now and will be placing an order for this in due course. The improved product seems to cling well and is very effective. Given it was a warm day I didn't leave the product on too long, so for five mins dwelling time it cut through the grime very quickly. A product that's well worth having in your arsenal of detailing goodies.

Thanks for reading
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:
Old 31-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #46
Rabidracoon28

Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,215 Posts
Kindly received a sample bottle this week from Autofinesse this week but was unsure if it was a concentrate or ready to use. I, in the end, diluted it1:9 and applied with foaming sprayhead to dirty alloy.

Clung well

Rinsed with no agitation at all then topped with Finale to leave this impressive result

Thank you AF, very happy with the results over the old formula Imperial.

http://youtu.be/3b-3Rrl6wIo

Last edited by Rabidracoon28; 31-08-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Rabidracoon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rabidracoon28 For This Useful Post:
Joech92 (31-08-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #47
Auto Finesse
Auto Finesse UK DW Supporter

Thanked 6,507 Times in 2,749 Posts
Garage
Glad to see your sample arrived safe and sound and you enjoyed using the new Imperial!

Joe
Auto Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto finesse, imperial, wheel cleaner