Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Auto Finesse
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto Finesse The Art of Detailing - Making it Shine since 1999

Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #11
Auto Finesse
Auto Finesse UK DW Supporter

Thanked 6,509 Times in 2,749 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suba View Post
Ok, perhaps a stupid question but I have stainless steel (or chrome plated?) wheel nuts - will Imperial be ok on these (particularly at higher strengths)?
Chrome plated nuts huh, fancy!

It should be fine, test first before doing the whole lot but we have tested on chrome plating, as well as polished dishes with no adverse effects.

Last edited by Auto Finesse; 05-07-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Auto Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
lau666
Sponge Jockey

okay first review time

received my imperial sample on thursday and managed to grab an hour this morning to test it out
my wheels weren't that dirty so i
used the imperial in a 1/10 dilution so it wouldn't effect my wheel sealant

no prep before hand just sprayed on and left for 30 seconds then agitated with a brush and wheel mitt

then washed off with a hose and dried with a micofibre

all four done
also gave the mothers car a quick once over as her wheels where really caked on still using 1/10th dilution

same process apply leave for a little while then agitate with a brush and wheel mitt

wash off with water and dry

all four done

Conclusion
imperial is very easy to use just spray on and agitate then clean off with a hose or jet wash, it foams up very easily and doesn't just run off of the wheel, it works very well at shifting tuff brake dust and dirt without too much effort .
i will defiantly be using this product again and will recommend it too anybody

Last edited by lau666; 05-07-2014 at 03:48 PM.
lau666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lau666 For This Useful Post:
Joech92 (06-07-2014), Jonnybbad (07-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
james_death
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'

Thanked 4,890 Times in 3,726 Posts
Well the Improved Autofinesse Imperial arrived Thursday and managed to get a go with it today Sunday.

I made up one spray bottle to a ratio of 1:1...

Using my trusty Little Oxo measuring Cup...

I also made up one at 1:10... since i had the iq alloys a few weeks old from washing but not much on them anyway.

So the 1:10 sprayed on...

Agitated... but nothing picture worthy well i took the pic and uploaded it but it shows nothing really...

So Rinsed Off...

So now clean but these pictures do nothing really as it could have been cleaned just with shampoo solution so little on there.

So Need to find a dirty alloy....

Got One... about 5 or 6 months worth on this if i remember correctly....

So one section just with a brush and rinsed off with just the hose pipe and trigger sprayer as all the wheels in this test were done with...

Not fully cleaned but a surprising amount came off...

However the Autofinesse Imperial section done with the 1:1 ratio mix and agitation...

Apart from some heavy fallout or tar its done the job...

Now some steel wheels about 8 weeks i think of brake dust on these...

Now it was rinsed over with the trigger sprayer on the hose pipe and then one half simply cleaned with the brush and rinsed off...

Well cleaned but still totally covered in brake dust in the holes in the rim and in the inner groove of the dish.

Now with the 1:1 Imperial mix... Sprayed On...

Agitated...

Rinsed off it had cleaned to a reasonable amount inside the rim holes and had taken out the brake dust in the inner groove of the rim.

Both sides look well from even at a short distance...

Now you decide at what mix ratio will suit your needs... you can get good results just agitating a wetted wheel... However the Imperial does give a better clean on really cruddy wheels... and although i did not take a picture the cleaning power if spraying on the tyre walls and working up a foam with a brush really lifts the crud out of the tyre walls so a great de greasing effect on the tyres.

Fragrance is not offensive but you wont even notice it unless smelling a neat solution or the 1:1 and at 1:10 i could not smell it at all.

It lubes the brake dust well, it foams up well when agitated and cleans the tyre walls great.

Last edited by james_death; 06-07-2014 at 11:54 PM.
james_death is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_death For This Useful Post:
Jonnybbad (07-07-2014), Suba (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #14
Jonnybbad
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,042 Times in 776 Posts
Garage
Here's my review of the new Imperial wheel cleaner

Thanks again for the AF team for sending this sample and Air Freshener out to us

This is what we received

My Wheels haven't been cleaned for I'd say at least 3 weeks due to really not having time to get it cleaned or when I did the weather was shocking

I have just fitted fast road brake pads that were bedding in so were producing a lot of Brake Dust as you can see

I choose to use 100ml of imperial diluted to make up 1ltr in total just to see if it would be strong enough to even touch all the Brake dust and general dirt the fragrance i find quite nice not to in your face but not horrible at all

All ready to use

I then liberally sprayed the wheel and tyre with Imperial expecting it to be to weak to shift the amount of crud on the alloy

This is the alloy sprayed and agitated with my Wheel brush

As you can see it has foamed up nice and already shifted a lot of the dirt and dust I then left it for about 5 mins and was surprised that the wheel was still foamed up well

I then jet washed of the remaining foam and was left with this finish

As you can see that is 1 clean wheel which I was a little surprised at as i thought i had over diluted it at a 1:9 dilution rate but clearly not

Even the inside of the wheel which was worse than the face is clean and dirt and dust free

I then did the other 3 wheel and when i was finished out of the litre i made up this is what was left in the bottle and as i said i used it liberally all on 4 wheels

As you can see i haven't use that much and it has given an excellent finish so out of the 250ml sample we were sent i have another 1 1/2 litres left which is going to last a fair few washes at that rate

I have only ever used another well know wheel cleaner but not anymore Imperial knocks spots off of that brand and will be used regularly instead

So in conclusion Imperial is very good does exactly what it suppose to do and really is good at shifting Dirt and Brake dust and leaves a extremely clean finish

Would i recommend it as ever yes 100% and when my sample runs out i will be replacing mine with a full bottle

Thanks for reading my review i hope I've done the product justice and thanks again to the AF team for this nice sample

PS I'm no David Bailey i hope my photo's show just how good Imperial is

Thaks Jon
Jonnybbad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonnybbad For This Useful Post:
Auto Finesse (27-08-2014), Joech92 (15-07-2014), lau666 (11-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #15
dubstyle
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Time for my little review of the new formula for Imperial.

First off in my test i want to see how well it cleaned as a touchless wheel cleaner on some proper dirty wheels.

So first i had an old citrus power bottle i could use.

I didn't got for a strong mix as i wanted to see how it would cope.

As you can see the wheel was pretty dirty and a nice little challenge.

I covered half of the wheel and let it dwell for a few minutes

Here is a pic of the run off from the wheel after it has been soaking for a little while.

This now has only been washed off with a hose pipe, no jet wash or touched with a wheel brush.

Just a last shot - As you can see the colour has changed for the new formula and it does seem to be an improvement but the old one it still very good in comparison.

In summary people will not be disappointed with this new formula if they have used the original one. I've not tried a 1:1 mix yet but it should beat most dirty wheel it comes across.

Keep up the good work Guys
dubstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dubstyle For This Useful Post:
Auto Finesse (27-08-2014)
Old 14-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #16
scratcher

Garage
Tried out the new formula yesterday.
The wheels were rinsed off to loosen any dirt and brake dust on the surface.
A mix of 1:10 was made up in a bottle with a chemical resistant head.

Sprayed over the wheel face, barrel and tyre. You can tell straight away the it clings to the wheel much batter than the last version.

The old version was used on the other side for comparison.

I never found it to foam up very well and dried off pretty quickly so I had to reapply a few time while cleaning each wheel.
The new version was much better. It foamed up a lot, didn't dry off and still cleaned brilliantly.

When it came to rinsing away it took a little longer than usual due to the foaming agents but it didn't bother me since it made it easier while agitating the product.

I was very happy with the cleaning power of the new version. It's cool that Imperial now as a colour too, and it smells like Jagermeister, haha.
It was great that you can use the one product for wheels and tyres too. It made removing any old dressing much easier than using an APC.

I'm sold o the new version and will be getting a bigger bottle and would definitely recommend it to others.

Thanks to the Auto Finesse team for the sample
scratcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scratcher For This Useful Post:
Auto Finesse (27-08-2014), Joech92 (15-07-2014)
Old 18-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
ardenvxr

autofinesse imperial

Very glad to get this as a sample,liked the old formula a lot.
So here goes,test car ds3 with white alloys the worst to keep clean
Product mixed 1-10 as this is the norm for a maintenance wash,I will also add the wheels have no protection at all

Dirty wheel

Applied with a foaming head,left to dwell for 5mins

Weapons of choice to clean and agitate the foam

The finished article

Very impressed with this cleaned the inside of the alloy with ease and removed almost all of the brake dust.found the smell to be pleasant aswell.dwell time is much improved over the old version which is a big plus.
Big thumbs up from me!
ardenvxr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ardenvxr For This Useful Post:
Old 19-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
Rebel007

Garage
Just as the rest of the product testing team I recently received a sample of Imperial wheel and tyre cleaner here is my experience with this product.

The package arrived with a short letter and also an air freshener for my car (since I kept the last one I shall probably pass this one over to my wife, especially as she likes the scent so much .

Auto Finesse Imperial is an acid free wheel cleaner designed to be used where shampoo just isn't strong enough to clean wheels with caked on brake dust etc. The new version is intended to be slightly thicker than its predecessor enabling it to cling onto the surface of the wheel longer and therefore clean more efficiently. It is also a product intended to be diluted with water so becomes a lot more economical to use.

I initially diluted Imperial at a 9 to 1 ratio (but mistakenly labelled it as 10 - 1 lol) in fact I used 100ml imperial concentrate and topped my spray bottle up to 1000ml

Initially I sprayed the diluted imperial on and have to say it didn't seem to do very well at all as a result I added an additional 50ml of concentrate to my mixture this gave me a ratio of 6 to 1 (150ml concentrate 900ml of water) and once again sprayed my wheels with this diluted mixture.

This time after about 30 seconds I was able to agitate the solution with a brush and then rinse off the wheel giving me an acceptable result.

To be honest although the final result was reasonable my past experience with AF products left me wondering if there was something odd about the dirt on my wheels or if I had done something wrong in the actual application so I tried again, this time with a friends car where the wheels were absolutely filthy! (I had just washed the car for her so the wheels and tyres were wet but still showing how dirty they were)

This time there was no messing around with a weak solution first I used the solution as it was, at the stronger ratio of 6 - 1 left it for about 30 seconds then agitated the solution on the wheel and rinsed off with a pressure washer

and you can see the result for yourself, a lovely clean wheel

Conclusion. This time I have to say I am still a little unsure my initial experience with Imperial was not favourable although the 2nd subsequent test worked far better (albeit with a stronger solution).
Unfortunately I had a slight mishap with the remaining Imperial and knocked it over without the lid on the bottle so I am unable to do any more tests, the surprising thing was the first test was on a wheel that had been treated with AF Mint Rims so should have been fairly easy to clean. As a result I would probably try it again but would only purchase a small bottle to begin with.
Rebel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel007 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
damocell
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quick question:

When people are agitating with a brush, is the brush dry or are you to use a wash solution on the brush?

If I use a dry brush I don't seem to get any foam, but if I use a lather solution on the brush I get foam but it's from the lather not imperial.
damocell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #20
Auto Finesse
Auto Finesse UK DW Supporter

Thanked 6,509 Times in 2,749 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by damocell View Post
Quick question:

When people are agitating with a brush, is the brush dry or are you to use a wash solution on the brush?

If I use a dry brush I don't seem to get any foam, but if I use a lather solution on the brush I get foam but it's from the lather not imperial.
Just wet the brush, you don't necessarily need shampoo with it, or you can spray a little of the Imperial on the brush

James
Auto Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Auto Finesse For This Useful Post:
damocell (20-07-2014)

Tags
auto finesse, imperial, wheel cleaner