Detailing World Forum banner

▀▄ BMW Z4 3.0si – Light Correction Detail + Brake Caliper refurb + Leather Detail ▄▀

28K views 33 replies 30 participants last post by  Miglior 
#1 ·
▀▄ BMW Z4 3.0si - Light Correction Detail + Brake Caliper refurb + Leather Detail ▄▀

Please take the time to view our full website!!
Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!
If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!

BMW Z4 - 3.0si - Sapphire Black

Hi Guys, thanks for reading another write up of mine. This time it's a 2009 BMW Z4!

This car was booked in for:
- Light Correction detail
- Wheels Off detail Including Cquartz Finest on alloys
- Leather detail
- Brake Calipers and discs painted

This car was booked for a light correction detail mainly. This removes the vast majority (normally 90%+) of surface scratches. This is a perfect option for a badly swirled car that needs a huge turnaround without needing to spend 3-4 days off the road. This is my most popular option for cars that are driven daily also. The difference is massive, even though it's not a full correction

The car on arrival.

Very badly swirled, and the paint looking lifeless. No flake showing through.

Here you can see the brakes. They are surely in need of some attention. Its a shame to have a light correction done on a car, and the paint looking stunning, only for the car to be let down by areas like this!

Some stone chips the owner asked me to touch in (this requires an extra night in the unit)

Onto the wash/decontamination stages. This is the engine bay being thoroughly cleaned

I didn't take too many photos of my washing the car, as always, you've seen it before!

Claying… removing a lot of contaminants on the paint a wash would leave behind!

Now the wheels have been removed allowing for steam cleaning of the arches & preparing and painting the brakes!

Brakes before!

And after!

Before

After (the aluminium bells on the front were wire brushed and cleaned rather than painted.

Now it was time to properly clean the wheels! Here iron filings are being removed from the paint surfaces

And after...

Stone chips being touched in… Before

After

Now the next morning the wheels were being prepared for the CQuartz coating.

Coating being applied

Now we start with the paintwork!

Before

After

MUCH better right?

Onto the roof…

Moving onto the bonnet now! I will let the photos do the talking!

Large 50/50

Even the small areas on the front bumper get the same attention!

Moving onto the sides

Onto the rear end now!

The A pillars were in dire need of polishing!

With all the polishing now complete, the car was very very dusty! It time to get the wheels back on and get the car outside for another wash!

Copper slip being applied to all the discs to ensure the wheels don't seize on there!

Back on the ground ready to go outdoors!

The wheel bolts were torqued up to manufacturers spec.

Being washed…

Rinsed

Now back inside for the finishing touches.

Sealant curing

Leather being thoroughly cleaned

Now, there were a lot of stages after the polishing that I didn't photography due to time restraints (as always!)

Here are some after shots!

Time taken: Approx. 30 hours

thanks for reading!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.