Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 02-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
gaz1
Sponge Jockey

That 8hrs yesterday was none stop from presoaking with citrus letting that sit whilst setting up washer n that's how the day panned out really
gaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #12
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,921 Posts
Garage
There's a lot of different things to take into consideration when wanting to know which is best or what we use i.e. Paint type, machine polisher, and pad choice

But I've used Angelwax new AIO polish which contains Sio2 on different paints from soft to hard and depending what pad you use I found it great removing moderate swirls and marring
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
gaz1 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #13
gaz1
Sponge Jockey

I'm liking the look of DK 1.1...what pad combo would you suggest
Old 02-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #14
big dave 666
Washmitt Meister

As stated above bud, depends what paint you're using it on, the machine etc etc. Should always start with the least aggressive combination that achieves the desired results, which you'll find out by experimenting with different combos
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #15
gaz1
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
As stated above bud, depends what paint you're using it on, the machine etc etc. Should always start with the least aggressive combination that achieves the desired results, which you'll find out by experimenting with different combos
Yes that is my strategy anyway but just wondered if it works best with flat/hex/waffle/m/fibre if you get me thanks
Old 03-11-2018, 01:38 AM   #16
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,921 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz1 View Post
I'm liking the look of DK 1.1...what pad combo would you suggest
For a enhancement detail I would recommend green quantum hex pad with DK1.1 on medium to hard paints

For soft paints I tend to use perfect finish with a white quantum pad or yellow Rupes pad.

Remember one thing though is that technique plays a big part when it comes to enhancement Details trying to remove defects but also trying to finish off as best as possible
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
gaz1 (03-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #17
Detail X
Unwashed Member

G'day from Australia
First post in ages but been a member for a long long time under a different name I no longer traded as.
I believe that there are a lot of ways that a single stage process can be done and I'll share mine.

To stangalangs post on page 1 about single stages being an enhancement not a correction, I can certainly understand and agree with that if comparing a single stage with a da to a three stage rotary process, using aio products or scholl s20 or working on really hard paintwork doing a single.

Most of my single stages have been done on medium hardness paint and the cars were very bad to very good but still very swirly and a few shockers.e

What I've done in the past two years is put two products together to make one of the most ballsiest long throw random orbital polishers on the planet with 1500 Watts of Power and immense torque. I bought a German made stone grinder with 2100-7600 rpm and awesome electronics with the original long throw unit the dynabrade 61375 19mm orbit DA attachment that people put on a rotary but I found most rotaries lack the ability to handle the dynabrade thus the vibration is bad. The torque of the grinder is insane and with flexipads cyclone backing plates fitted and rupes Mille wool or top quality microfibre pads, it is almost rotary level zero vibration. The machine weighs 2.1 kg and with the dynabrade it's 2.8.

My average correction rate on the past two years on various hardness paints has been 85-90 percent and 95% sometimes using flexipads microfibre finishing pads with longer fibres than meguiars ones. Meg's have more and ultra thin nap thus more cut due to more surface area and fibres that don't fold over but flexipads finish better at least that's my experience

Often I use speed 1-2.2 (2100-2700 rpm) which is quite slow and it still knocks out swirls in one pass
The best I've achieved was 95-97% on an Aussie made car that was a mess with a combo of scholl s3 gold xxl and xpert products 1500 high tech polish (keeps scholl wet and improves finish) but I'm often using all three xpert products single polish systems together at the same time. I blow the pad out after one pass then continue and slow down machine speed then after another pass I blow out again then do one more. I'll upload some photos of removing 5000 grit sanding marks to remove oxidation leaving a very nice high gloss with no haze or marring with microfibre on a medium hardness black paint using this machine which cost me $380 dollars

I found a friends rupes mk 1 to be gutless in power and torque so decided to do something different
This machine you can't bog down fully, even with your whole body weight pressure, you can slow it but it will still spin.

Video on you tube of it that I did that test to it.
Don't limit yourself to foam for single stage or one product either

Do enhancements if you desire but it's amazing what can be achieved with a random these days specially new 25mm orbit throw random from a company I've been talking with about developing new machines with dual orbits (forced random with no jerkiness and better random mode than most dual mode polishers

Last edited by Detail X; 07-11-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Detail X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detail X For This Useful Post:
garycha (13-11-2018), gaz1 (07-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #18
Detail X
Unwashed Member

Here are just a few photos of what I've done with this tool and the tool itself doing a one step after sanding or just single stage correction no sanding

if anyone wants to see a video of my best single stage from october, pm me
more photos to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frank lucks car 4.jpg (91.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg frank lucks car 3.jpg (93.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg frank lucks car 6.jpg (88.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg flex gen 5 ro polisher 2.jpg (80.3 KB, 22 views)
Detail X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #19
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detail X View Post
Here are just a few photos of what I've done with this tool and the tool itself doing a one step after sanding or just single stage correction no sanding

if anyone wants to see a video of my best single stage from october, pm me
more photos to come.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...3&d=1541747151

Interesting backing plate you have. Is it solid metal?
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #20
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,732 Posts
Garage
Detailing Kingdom Next Cut 1.1 is very very good imo.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
chongo (09-11-2018)