Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 18-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #21
Christian6984
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,271 Times in 1,201 Posts
Garage
Great work, looks brilliant Just got a front set of the same Hankook's fitted when i got mine refurbished the other week, must say very impressed compared to the rubbish i fitted when i got it.
Christian6984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian6984 For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #22
ibiza55
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,241 Posts
Garage
No complaints from here, you've definitely improved that motor for sure, try keeping this one for a while, Heehee.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ibiza55 For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 03:27 PM   #23
Paul08
Washmitt Meister

I'll be keeping mine forever too. I spent quite a bit on it last year to celebrate its 10th birthday including full quilted leather interior at seat surgeons and a milteck exhaust system. Why not a mk1 vrs for the weekend toy? I have a 53 plate with 28k miles running 250bhp and it's good fun!
Paul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #24
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul08 View Post
I'll be keeping mine forever too. I spent quite a bit on it last year to celebrate its 10th birthday including full quilted leather interior at seat surgeons and a milteck exhaust system. Why not a mk1 vrs for the weekend toy? I have a 53 plate with 28k miles running 250bhp and it's good fun!
Not into Diesel tuning, Never seen the point personally No Offence. It is an Economical Daily Driver and I intend to keep it that way. 250BHP isn't enough for me for a Weekend Toy, I need something that will scare me

Edit: I may consider a Stage 1 remap on the Fabia, With reference to my above comments I meant chasing numbers, Changing the Turbo, Intercooler, Exhaust, Injectors, Clutch etc. That seems pointless to me on a Diesel. Would rather have a Stage 1 Golf Edition 30 or the likes running 310BHP with no other upgrades.

Last edited by bonelorry; 18-03-2017 at 10:58 PM.
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #25
66Rob
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Looks fantastic mate, great choice on wheel colour too. There is a yellow one round the corner with black alloys but yours looks so much better top job.
66Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 66Rob For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (18-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #26
Leesey
Sponge Jockey

Bonelorry it looks brilliant a real credit to you.
I drive past AP tyres whenever I'm in work as I live near with and work in Sheffield. If I see you about I'm in a laser blue Cooper s with white wheels and roof. I have always had a soft spot for them and considered one before the Cooper s 'toy' but had to get the mini as the wife wanted one but I got my way with it being a Cooper s not the Cooper.
Jon
Leesey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leesey For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (19-03-2017)
Old 26-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #27
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

26/3/17...

3 Weeks into ownership and 2 Weeks since the Golf R went, I am not missing the Golf at all or the performance which is a good thing as it stops me looking for a Second car/Weekend Toy to have some fun it....For now at least!

Not too much to report on the Fabia front, I am still off work taking some Holiday time so I have only done about 50 Miles over the past Week since fitting the Alloys.

As mentioned I have no immediate plans to purchase a Second car however I have been looking into getting a decent Garage/Man Cave Built on the back Garden, I already have a Garage but its 40 years old with a Leaky base and simply not big enough so is just used for storage at the moment. Had a couple of quotes and over the past Week and have chosen a Sheffield based company to do the work and have taken advantage of their 25% off Spring Offer, They are taking care of the whole job including removal and disposal of the old Garage, Extending the existing Concrete Base, Supply and Installation of a new Garage.

I have gone for a Pre-Fab Compton Type with Apex Roof, 12ft6" Wide and 22ft3" Long which should be more than adequate for storing a Second Car and allow for Detailing and Minor Mechanical work with a Bench inside.

So I am very much looking forward to that!

Back to the Fabia...The Sun has been shining all Weekend and so I gave the car its Weekly Detail. This was its first wash since I Machine Polished the Car and fitted the Refurbished Alloys last Week.

Very happy with how the car has come on in the past 3 Weeks since buying it, It is now up to a decent standard condition wise and is ready to take me to work and back everyday for the foreseeable future.

I don't really have too much planned for the car other than running it and keeping it clean, I do intend on giving it a Major Service at some point over the next 3-6 Months. Although it had a Minor Service done in Feb by the Main Dealer for piece of mind I will change all the Filters with Genuine Items and do another Oil and Filter Change using Quantum 5w40PD Oil. Possibly do a Brake Fluid Change too.

Couple of pics from todays efforts...

And a few more in a different location...

The Following User Says Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:
daydotz (27-03-2017)
Old 26-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #28
Liam-R32
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Can't say im a huge fan of the car or the colour, but i do like to see any car cared for and always enjoy and appreciate your level of work with your cars. I never knew all vrs were diesels ( your model anyway) or am i wrong? Never actually paying attention to vrs's, I used to think the vrs was skoda using vw's vr6 engine and branding it a vrs!
Liam-R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #29
dan4291
PC Perfectionist

The Mk1 Fabia vRS was exclusively diesel 1.9 TDi 130bhp), very unusual to have a diesel hot hatch. Used to own one myself and really liked it. This one looks spot on, especially considering its age!
dan4291 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dan4291 For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (26-03-2017)
Old 26-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #30
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam-R32 View Post
Can't say im a huge fan of the car or the colour, but i do like to see any car cared for and always enjoy and appreciate your level of work with your cars. I never knew all vrs were diesels ( your model anyway) or am i wrong? Never actually paying attention to vrs's, I used to think the vrs was skoda using vw's vr6 engine and branding it a vrs!
Yes they are not to everyone's taste the MK1 Fabia VRS nor is the Colour of this particular one!

As mentioned by a fellow member they are only available with the 130BHP PD Turbo Diesel Engine and for that reason it makes the perfect daily driver for me. Adequate performance, Excellent MPG, Reasonable Road Tax too.

Also not having much money tied up frees up funds for my new Garage and a Second car.