Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Money And Business Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Money And Business Zone All things money related, Savings, Finance, Pensions ,Insurance, Mortgages and more,

Old 05-01-2018, 03:13 PM   #21
Gek
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nac34 View Post
What exchanges are everyone using.

Or do purchase from cryptomate.

I'm still waiting for my account to be verified on gatehub starting to lose patients

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Loads of the Exchanges have put a stop on new registrations until mid Jan to sort out their performance issues.
Gek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #22
nac34
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gek View Post
Loads of the Exchanges have put a stop on new registrations until mid Jan to sort out their performance issues.
Would you how I can buy ripple xrp without using the exchanges

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
nac34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #23
shycho
Washmitt Meister

I've used both Coinbase and Kraken. Not sure if they are accepting new signups right now.

The trouble i'm having is with converting my money back into FIAT currency and getting it to my bank account. As there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump though due to money laundering regulations.

On the ripple side of things, while i'm quite happy with it's current state (as I got in at $0.25 per coin) I can't see much of a future for it. It has thousands of times more coins than BitCoin and the founders own roughly 60% of them. So I can't see it going much above $10 a coin, especially as more financial institutes are showing an interest in it, and will obviously want stability.
Although i'm sure many were saying something similar about BitCoin years ago.

Still, as with all CryptoCurrency and these ICOs which are popping up, I'll continue to treat them as gambling as opposed to investing.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
m500dpp
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
The trouble i'm having is with converting my money back into FIAT currency and getting it to my bank account. As there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump though due to money laundering regulations.
I thought the whole point of crypto was that it was without regulation and therefore outside of ML regs? It's more likely they are resisting drawing money out to prevent the pyramid collapsing?
m500dpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #25
shycho
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by m500dpp View Post
I thought the whole point of crypto was that it was without regulation and therefore outside of ML regs? It's more likely they are resisting drawing money out to prevent the pyramid collapsing?

I think the problem lies more with your conventional banks not liking you dropping £10k-£20k in your account from no where.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:39 PM   #26
uberbmw

Garage
Send a message via MSN to uberbmw
can't sign up anywhere for two weeks at least! Bitstamp/bittrex pending zzzzz

what you guys on? I want some Powr and trx
uberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #27
FJ1000
Washmitt Meister

I’m no crypto currency expert but I’ll just point out a few risks that I don’t think a lot of people are really considering...

1. Now that we have bitcoin futures trading, there is a mechanism to short bitcoin

2. Hedge funds are looking into trading the futures but are currently being held up by the banks who are reluctant to clear the futures trades. Once that hurdle is overcome, there could be some large shorts in the market

3. As Bitcoin is becoming a currency of choice for criminals - authorities such as the EU are looking into increased regulation

4. HMRC are also looking into how they can collect capital gains

5. As I understand it - bitcoin is not actually regarded as the “best” of the 1700 odd cryptocurrencies out there by technology experts - it just has the biggest following, which happens to be mostly speculative retail investors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FJ1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
m500dpp

TBH I just cannot understand why so many people buy and trade what is really just fresh air! At some point there will be a realisation of this and cryptos will go the way of the tulip bulb.

Just my view!
m500dpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #29
RedUntilDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by m500dpp View Post
TBH I just cannot understand why so many people buy and trade what is really just fresh air! At some point there will be a realisation of this and cryptos will go the way of the tulip bulb.

Just my view!
Well my coinbase wallet (£100) is up £13 in two days, whose laughing now? This time next year Rodney, we’ll be millionaires
I’m just treating it as a fun punt. FOMO will keep the interest up but crypto is not going away. Countries are embracing it I.e 260 Japanese outlets accept it as payment,Putin wants in and even the Royal mint are trying to develop something, Amazon are under pressure to start accepting it. Trading sites can’t keep up with the speed and growth of demand.
RedUntilDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #30
FJ1000
Washmitt Meister

Treating it as a small punt is the right way. Don’t stake more than you’d be able to accept losing.

There are stories of people remortgaging their homes and maxing out their credit cards to buy in though! Madness

In reality, the proportion of businesses that accept bitcoin as payment is still absolutely minuscule. There is no way I’d want to accept something so volatile as payment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FJ1000 is offline   Reply With Quote