Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 10-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
RaceGlazer
Approved Trader

Thanked 1,396 Times in 980 Posts
Garage
Correct - no vat for overseas shipments.

But due to the hugely variable costs for shipping to Australia (tub of wax vs. water filter for example) we dont list a standard rate on-line for Australia. That shipping quote was bespoke for this product.

If you would like to order please PM me your address, I'll send you paypal details and the sum net of VAT.

www.raceglaze.co.uk
www.morethanpolish.com
www.carcovershop.co.uk
RaceGlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 10:04 PM   #22
M300JDG
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Yes my analogy is “what is marketed” as I clearly stated it that it was how it was explained to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M300JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 12:46 AM   #23
PWOOD
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax. No BS, very good durability, plus it's £15 for a full size tin
It really is great stuff and at the price should be one get to try along with their Cleanser polish.
PWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PWOOD For This Useful Post:
camerashy (17-01-2018)
Old 14-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #24
Mikej857

Thanked 1,179 Times in 752 Posts
Garage
Look at obsession wax icon, an extremely easy to use wax with excellent durability and all round nice finish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #25
Bulkhead

Garage
well, Christmas and New Year expenditure put an end to a high-price product so have just ordered some Fusso from a supplier here in OZ. One company wanted over $70 for it but managed to find a pot for just over $30, which is not bad at all for Australia where detail companies usually quadruple the UK price! Looked at BH DSW but even this was over 40 UK pounds delivered - quite how a small, non-hazardous pot of wax costs 25 quid to deliver is beyond me! Hopefully the Fusso will be as good as the reviews say it is.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:42 AM   #26
shelton
Sponge Jockey

By the way, Soft99's official distributor for Aus is Auto Mart Australia.

They won't rip you off, and they are the only local distributor with guaranteed authentic products. =]
I didn't believe there were so many dodgy dealers in this world, until I saw cabinets in our head office full of fakes that we'd found! >:|

Enjoy your Fusso 12!

Last edited by shelton; 17-01-2018 at 08:02 AM.
shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 01:03 AM   #27
Bulkhead

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelton View Post
By the way, Soft99's official distributor for Aus is Auto Mart Australia.

They won't rip you off, and they are the only local distributor with guaranteed authentic products. =]
I didn't believe there were so many dodgy dealers in this world, until I saw cabinets in our head office full of fakes that we'd found! >:|

Enjoy your Fusso 12!
That's who I ordered it from. Was half the price of the other Oz supplier. Should be here this week so will get some on at the weekend.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #28
M300JDG
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gum View Post
The analogy doesn’t work. Based on this, any nano particles would do good. Why ceramics? You have already said that they are gap fillers. They are basically isolated particles suspended in a waxy matrix. They are not bonded together and thus do not inherit the bulk hardness properties that should be useful. In fact, if your analogy is what is marketed, these ceramics would potentially interfere with the refractive index and thus the gloss. In fact we know how his latter to be true - fumed silica is widely known as a mattifying additive.

Ceramic Products work because they are supplied in a simple form, in liquid. You apply them, whereupon they undergo a major chemical reaction which acts to bond the molecules together and to surface. You cannot redissolve it, probably not even in a lab and using methods that would be destructive to the paint. So, to be ceramic as you guys mean it, it needs to be supplied in an unreacted form which then reacts. The base ceramics are, as you should guess, very reactive. The slightest hint of moisture and you are dead - the ceramics will cure in the pot. They are sensitive to any number of other additives. There are multinationals which will spend months or years stabilising simple ceramic based products. The chances of getting something stable when you simply throw a ceramic base into a wax are vanishingly small.

Where that leaves us is that any ceramic waxes are either very tenuous in their way we of the term ceramic or they are actually using ceramic, but in a non reactive form. The latter is perfectly valid in calling itself ceramic but it is misleading because it is nothing like what detailers expect from a ceramic product. It would be analogous to the ptfe scenario - you can put ptfe into a product but it acts mostly as a lubricant, it is not giving performance like a non stick pan because it consists of individual bits of ptfe, not a bonded film (this is simply not possibly without lab or high temperatures). I don’t doubt that there are waxes like the latter because I have consulted on them. I would be keen on angel wax commenting because I know the chief protagonist to be expert (who has also stated my same views with regards to ptfe). I am willing to accept that I might be wrong but, without further information, I stick to my view that ceramic waxes are either not truly ceramic or are using ceramic but not in the form that detailers have come to expect.

The more I learn about wax the more I come back to read this response and it makes more sense each time.
I would love some of the manufacturers on here to challenge your theory, although I don't feel anyone will want to draw attention to it.
M300JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 04:05 PM   #29
FallenAngel
Orbital Oracle

I'm not chemist, but I know Soft99 Fusso Coat 12m coat is best for durability, still have not found anything better and longer lasting. Easily 6+ months everytime for me. In my opinion and testing only step up from Fusso is real ceramic coating. Huge 200ml tin will last you ages too.
FallenAngel is offline   Reply With Quote