Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 27-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Rich
Kosovan Detailer

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Detailers Pride Super Swirl Eliminator

Anyone got any views on this?

I used it for the first time today even though I have had it for a few weeks, (Grabbed some from autogeek.net when they had there Souveran deals on, as it had to come all the way to the uk thought I would grab a some to try and to justify post costs). I used it on Black Ford Fiesta that belonged to a neighbour. Didnt look at the plate - but I think it was 8-10 years old, looked after but had been through car washes so had isolated scratches and was swirled and lightly hazed all over.

Seeing the DP SSE on the shelf I decided to use this as a chance to try it rather than OPT Polish or the SSRs like normal. Wow It worked at treat, light cut pad by PC removed the swirling with ease, adn took out most scratches. The dusting that I had read about from other users even on black was minor, but a little at times. For me on the light cut pad I think it worked better than OPT or SSR 2.5.?

It left the paint very deep and wet, enhanced some metallic flake it didnt even see was there in the finish before I had done a panel, and took very little product. It aslo finished down on black with no hazing and LSP ready from an orange pad which was nice. Being as this was a new vehicle that I hadnt done before and a new product, I was not sure if it was thew Ford paint being soft paint that may be why it worked so well or the product. I was suprised just after this how well the car looked.

After though I found it does work well on hard paint went I had to sort some marring on a Blak Golf R32 I had done a few weeks ago.

3 days after I had detailed the Golf the cambelt snapped/slipped and the car ended up at the dealers. The owner picked it up end of the week with a new engine, and some free scratches. He was going to be washing the car while I cleaned the Fiesta, before he even starting I could see scratches on the rear door and drivers door. Inficted by a dirty sponge or cloth IMO. After finishing the Fiesta, I repolished these panels (rest of the car luckly remained ok). The paint seemed hard when I polished it before with the SSR 2 and Optimum Polish. The DP SSE made short work of the marring with one pass, which led me to believe that it seems a good product. Worked really well.

Do people find it more Aggressive than SSR 2.5 or Optimum Polish on a cutting pad? Need to find where it sits in my ****nal aggressive wise?

Cheers

Rich
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
RobDom
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I wish Motorgeek would get some of this, I like the DP stuff I've tried so far, seem like quality products.
RobDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
182_Blue
ADMIN

Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,870 Posts
hey robdon, nice to see you over here
182_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
Rich
Kosovan Detailer

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDon
I wish Motorgeek would get some of this, I like the DP stuff I've tried so far, seem like quality products.
I see they Ron is selling the mild swirl eliminator, hopefully soon he will stock this too, works a treat.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote