Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 05-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

product for single stage

Im going to do a whirlwind detail on my mothers car this weekend as she doesn't really look after it.

Its a skoda Octavia so not sure on paint hardness etc.

Shes coming up for a visit for the day so I don't want to spend all day doing it.

Ive got a DA and some hex logic pads (orange/green/white/yellow and black)

Was thinking of a quick paint cleaner, maybe a clay as the paint will be like sandpaper and then an AIO

Ive SRP and AF triple. Should I use a polish pad say a white, for these or something with more cut? Is the product the right choice? or should I go paint cleaner then a glaze with a sealent or wax on top? (ive got loads of those). Im not going to do a full correction. It will be sunny and ive got no shade.

It wont get washed properly for a long while, but will get the local handwash treatment every couple of weeks.

Last edited by Andy1972; 05-07-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1972 View Post
Im going to do a whirlwind detail on my mothers car this weekend as she doesn't really look after it.

Its a skoda Octavia so not sure on paint hardness etc.

Shes coming up for a visit for the day so I don't want to spend all day doing it.

Ive got a DA and some hex logic pads (orange/green/white/yellow and black)

Was thinking of a quick paint cleaner, maybe a clay as the paint will be like sandpaper and then an AIO

Ive SRP and AF triple. Should I use a polish pad say a white, for these or something with more cut? Is the product the right choice? or should I go paint cleaner then a glaze with a sealent or wax on top? (ive got loads of those). Im not going to do a full correction. It will be sunny and ive got no shade.

It wont get washed properly for a long while, but will get the local handwash treatment every couple of weeks.
Sounds like a lot of effort for it to get scratched up again however SRP wont do anything other than filling scratches

AF tripple has decent cut apparently ive not used it myself so that would be the one to try.

Skoda's have hard VW paint so you might not get the level of correction your hoping for from tripple.
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Andy1972 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
If shes not complaining about swirls / scratches id go for a wash, decon and then the Triple you mention.

I dont know whats in it but it made a pretty good job of my dads car when i did pretty much what youre talking about - a quick but deep (ish) clean.

His metallic black ford focus looked pretty good after, and beads on cleaning a month / 6 weeks later.

Last edited by riskypicker; 05-07-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: ish isnt a profanity?
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riskypicker For This Useful Post:
Andy1972 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

thanks guys.

I'll give it a hand wash style valet then lol.

She wouldn't know what a swirl is tbh but shes always saying 'wish you would clean mine like you do yours'...

sod that but its her birthday so I feel obliged to at least get it back looking smart again
Old 05-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
Desertduck
Sponge Jockey

Garage
If you want to do a bit extra as its her birthday without going mad wash and clay the car then use Auto Finesse Tripple on your DA and/or by hand. It polishes and waxes at the same time so no need to apply a wax after, and as you have stated, it will eventually go to the hand car wash and be ruined At least you will have done a good job for her and it should last a while. Another option would be a wash and then simple spray wax. Whatever you do I'm sure she will be very happy
Desertduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #6
tom_0787
Unwashed Member

I used Scholl S20 recently and was very impressed
tom_0787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #7
Oldandconfused
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertduck View Post
If you want to do a bit extra as its her birthday without going mad wash and clay the car then use Auto Finesse Tripple on your DA and/or by hand. It polishes and waxes at the same time so no need to apply a wax after, and as you have stated, it will eventually go to the hand car wash and be ruined At least you will have done a good job for her and it should last a while. Another option would be a wash and then simple spray wax. Whatever you do I'm sure she will be very happy
Can you use a DA to apply this? Their website says apply using an applicator pad.
Oldandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandconfused View Post
Can you use a DA to apply this? Their website says apply using an applicator pad.
Yeah I’ve done it in past. Used a finishing pad on very low speed

Says on bottle you can do this
Old 06-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
Timbo84
Sponge Jockey

Plus 1 for s20 black . Cracking on vw paint
Timbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote