Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #31
matt1234
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Heard that the ball joints are a nightmare. The cambelt looks a nightmare also. But I have done a few Clio 182 cambelts so it should be pretty straightforward. Plus I’m a mechanic so I never really shy away from any job to be honest. Will let you know how I get on with it all.
Need any advice then just ask. Always here to help.
So you must of jumped on it as soon as it got advertised. Looks great in oyster grey. Mine is in red. Needs loads doing to it. But should be all done by next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matt1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt1234 For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #32
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1234 View Post
Heard that the ball joints are a nightmare. The cambelt looks a nightmare also. But I have done a few Clio 182 cambelts so it should be pretty straightforward. Plus I’m a mechanic so I never really shy away from any job to be honest. Will let you know how I get on with it all.
Need any advice then just ask. Always here to help.
So you must of jumped on it as soon as it got advertised. Looks great in oyster grey. Mine is in red. Needs loads doing to it. But should be all done by next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! Cambelt has been done thankfully. Although the auxiliary drivebelt hasn't been done and looks very worn and starting to make a bit of noise so booked in to be done in a few weeks time. Would normally do it myself but looks a of a job!
Nick-ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #33
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
So a very small update, I found a bargain of a private plate on ebay a week ago and couldn't help myself. I know it isn't the greatest plate in the world but it was dirt cheap! Only small obstacle was the original plates for whatever reason had been put on with pop rivets by the looks of it, so out came the drill! I went for 3d gel plates, they are my personal favourite type of plate on a non German car.

I have also finally fitted my centre silencer delete. 100% recommend it! No drone whatsoever but lovely noise when you hit the accelerator!
Nick-ST is offline   Reply With Quote