Detailing World Forum banner

Thank you DW (finally used BSD)

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Bazza85 
#1 ·
As per the title.
Ordered some BSD just before snow gripped the country after reading so much about it on here. It's taken until today to excitedly try it out.
Would it be overrated?
Would it be any better than many other QD sprays I've tried really?
Would it be awkward to apply or buff off?
Would I be able to tell I've applied it after only putting topaz on a couple weeks ago?

Well, all I can say is thank you DW.

Would it be overrated - Not on first impressions!
Better than other QD sprays- yup!
Awkward to apply or buff off- feels a bit grabby but was prepared for that.
Can I tell I've applied it over topaz- hell yeah!

I used it on a mainly dry car. So as a slight drying aid. I played about with applying it directly to the panel or to a microfibre & still unsure which worked better.
I also then washed wifeys car afterwards & saw its beading qualities with a misjudged hose waft.
So out of interest, I gave wifeys motor a going over with dodo QD to compare beading and longevity side by side.

I suppose now it's time to read up on mixing it with other products. Is this for longevity of the product or for application purposes mainly?

Thanks though, it's forums like this that help people spend money on the right things and not fall for the advertising waffle/media hype!

Couple of proud dad type pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
It's mixed with other QD's to aid application and removal. BSD is a bit thick and doesn't spray the best, and like you experienced, can be a bit grabby. Mixed with a slick QD gets you the best of both. There is many mixs done already with great success. I tried mixing mine in 100ml sample bottles as too not waste loads of product if it didn't work too well.

#12 ·
Value for money, there can’t be too many better detailing products in my opinion. £6 ish for a bottle is massive thumbs up from me.

The best method I’ve found of apply it is to a dry car, spraying one panel at a time, spreading with a fairy low pile, good quality Microfiber. Then buffing off straight away with a good quality buffing towel.

Dont really get any of the grabby traits that people talk about. think the key is doing small areas and buffing as you go.

#15 ·
Value for money, there can't be too many better detailing products in my opinion. £6 ish for a bottle is massive thumbs up from me.

The best method I've found of apply it is to a dry car, spraying one panel at a time, spreading with a fairy low pile, good quality Microfiber. Then buffing off straight away with a good quality buffing towel.

Dont really get any of the grabby traits that people talk about. think the key is doing small areas and buffing as you go.

I think it gets grabby depending what it's going onto. I apply exactly like you do. Bare paint it's not grabby, nor is a wax I've found. But yesterday I put some on Fusso and it was the grabbiest I've ever had it. Still not that bad though, just a little more effort to buff off.

#18 ·
Thanks for the concoctions all. Will deffo be ordering more just to try mixing for over the summer.
As everyone has mentioned, awesome beading!
Really impressed with it (& it’s was about £6!!)
Even this morning, with 80miles of driving in heavy rain, a few people at work have walked past it in the car park & asked me if I’d washed my car overnight or commented how well it looked. And that says a lot as my car if often kept clean.

As mentioned in my OP, the dodo QD on my wife’s car isn’t nowhere near as tight for beading etc & that’s only covered approx 10miles of slow town driving
Well impressed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.