Detailing World Forum banner

2006 Seat Leon Ruby Red

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  GNshaving 
#1 · (Edited)
A wee number I picked up at the auction last week that I spent a couple of days bringing the paint back to life.

So, wheels were in pretty poor condition, with a lot of etched brake dust on the rear wheels. I can only presume that the type of brake pads in the rear has not been as kind on the wheels as the fronts were. I used a combination of Autosmart smart wheels, Chemical Guys Decon, and Autosmart Fallout Remover with various brushes.

Bodywork soaked in Autosmart Hazsafe, and window weather strips scrubbed with a brush and G101. Door hinges and checks also cleaned with G101.

Car washed down with Autosmart Duet, dried off and then soaked in Tardis with a little encouragement from a soft sponge.

G3 clay mitt with Duet used as a lube. Used some Autosmart Fallout remover on the roof and bonnet to help move things along a bit.

Time to burst out my new Flex rotary polisher. First I used Chemical guys V34 with a white hex logic pad, then went over that with V36 and black pad.

As expected, the bodywork had a few scratches and marks.

Time wouldn't allow for full paint correction. However, I gave the car a coating of Chemical Guys Glossworks Glaze, followed but a coating of Chemical Guys Jetseal. No wax applied.

Tyres were treated to Autosmart Highstyle.

The car looks far better than what my phone pictures suggest. Love that dark Ruby red colour.

Car now subsequently sold. Bonus.

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.