Detailing World Forum banner

New daily driver - Mini RS?

10K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Mcpx 
#1 ·
Having sold the A2 as it was feeling a bit tired, and because I found myself with an itchy V5 (and the RS wasn't going anywhere) I looked about for a new car.

After much deliberation I've stepped away from the diesel engine and gone for a fuel efficient petrol, namely a 1.0t 3 cylinder one year old Fiesta Zetec S in Pearlescent Candy Blue.

Being a picky swine (as you do) I had them recondition the alloys to "as good as new" as there were a few scrapes and a new tyre as well which they did free of charge as I was a returning customer. (The same chain of Ford franchise I got the RS from)

Comes with a few toys as it's an ex demo car - Sat Nav, Keyless Mykey, DAB radio, USB, Heated front screen, rear parking sensors etc so will be good for my commute. Only driven it home 100 odd miles so far but it's a nice drive with some nippy oomph. Free VED is nice too.

Picked it up a few days ago:

A few of the for sale photos that actually show it off as it was dark when I got home!

Outside guarding his big brother:

As it's a pearlescent, I'm guessing a good detox, light machine with a finishing polish and pad to get rid of any swirls (doesn't look too bad from what I can see) will see the pearl come flying out?

I've got AF Spirit for the RS and think this will benefit from that?

Will get some up to date photos once the snows gone and I can wash it.

Any suggestions welcome!

See less See more
#15 ·
looks good :thumb:

My parents have a Titanium in the same candy blue, It is fairly soft paint.
They got it in 2013 and I did the whole car with C1 when it was collected, since then they have been topping up with either C2v3, Sonax PNS or BSD and the paint has held up well I have been told.

#18 ·
First fuel fill up has happened now and managed 51.5mpg so can't complain. It drives really well with it's torque centered between about 1500 - 2000rpm so makes for relaxed driving which is sometimes good after a naff day at work.

Compared to the RS it feels like a super smooth limo :lol:

Can't wait for the better weather to give it a full weekend detail!!! :thumb:

#22 ·
Got around to giving him a quick bath :detailer:

A quick bit of pre-wash whilst I get the pressure washer and buckets ready:

Didn't take much to get the shine back - there's a bit of tar and a little bit of fallout but I'll give it a full detox when the weather is warmer than 3 deg C. There's a couple of stone chips but nothing unexpected in a year old car. No paint defects, dents or scuffs which is good.

Really enjoying the drive with it's remarkable 1.0t engine that has quite a bit of torque low down. It's nice and relaxing when you want to be but has a mini rumble when you put your foot down.

#25 · (Edited)
You wouldn't believe how often people get told the car was a "demo" car...

I mean how many demo cars are there??

Luckily for you, yours is in fact a demo model. [emoji16]

Nice car there mate, they are decent cars considering they have a tiny engine.

With regards to the paint, all fords have the same clear coat with the exception of Rudy red. So it should be fine for working on.

Also, have you noticed any green dot stickers on the rear of the rear view mirror??

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Much easier these days to get a touch of performance alongside economy. Back when they were new, I had a Corsa C 1.8 SRi with 125bhp - the same power as the majority of these, yet I got early 30s in the mpg.

We probably should have stumped up the extra for a 1.0t, either in a Fiesta or a Corsa. Instead, we went for a 1.2 petrol Corsa as we'd found a really clean one, except it's a pretty lifeless engine.

On the routes that I'm often driving, I can agree that it makes a lot of difference having a smooth turbo engine.

#29 ·
We have a major contract with ford where we recondition all of their demos, management and some other used fords (usually rentals)

All of the demo cars had AK reg.

Most of our cars leave with RAC holograms in the ns windscreen.
Others have green dot stickers on the rear of the rearview mirror to indicate which site the car came from.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.