Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #4901
MDC250
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,680 Posts
Fingers crossed for a good outcome Disco Smudge

Went to a walk in centre with my little girl today, 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back and such a waste of time. Little girl was thirsty after 2+ hrs of waiting. Said to receptionist I was going to get her a drink from the car (closer than a vending machine in the main hospital and nothing in the walk in centre itself). Was told in no uncertain terms if she was called and we weren’t there we would be dropped to the bottom of the queue. This is a service that is now run by Virgin. Shame on you Virgin 🤯🤬

Gave up after 3 hrs, registered with Push Doctor, booked an appointment, had the actual consultation and a script written up and on its way to a pharmacy in 26 minutes.
MDC250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDC250 For This Useful Post:
Disco Smudge (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #4902
Disco Smudge
PC Perfectionist

Cheers guys I am not too worried as she still runs around like a puppy at 11yrs old.

Vet seems to think we caught it quite early
Disco Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Disco Smudge For This Useful Post:
MDC250 (11-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #4903
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,213 Times in 737 Posts
I know it's a First World problem in the scheme of things but some has bashed my front number plate again!

I went out yesterday and found it in bits on the ground. This happens three or four times a year.

And no note, natch!

Apart from the fact that replacement plates are not that cheap, it is the time and faff in getting replacements and then drilling holes etc that bothers me.

Why can't people be more respectful of other's property?

Rant over.

Peter
Fentum is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
chongo (12-03-2018), Cookies (12-03-2018), JR1982 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #4904
shycho
Washmitt Meister

A first world problem for me to add to this thread:
Went to visit family (300 mile round trip to help baby sit a few kids and give single mum a break), and while the car was parked up overnight some little **** decided to pull one of the head lamp washer jets from my car.

Quick google search suggests I need to replace a £15 nozzle and £6 cover, so not a huge deal. But it is annoying and helps prove my theory that every good deed goes punished.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shycho For This Useful Post:
Fentum (12-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #4905
Estoril-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC250 View Post
Fingers crossed for a good outcome Disco Smudge

Went to a walk in centre with my little girl today, 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back and such a waste of time. Little girl was thirsty after 2+ hrs of waiting. Said to receptionist I was going to get her a drink from the car (closer than a vending machine in the main hospital and nothing in the walk in centre itself). Was told in no uncertain terms if she was called and we weren’t there we would be dropped to the bottom of the queue. This is a service that is now run by Virgin. Shame on you Virgin 🤯🤬

Gave up after 3 hrs, registered with Push Doctor, booked an appointment, had the actual consultation and a script written up and on its way to a pharmacy in 26 minutes.
How does the push doctor thing actually work? I've seen the adverts but never used it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Estoril-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #4906
MDC250
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,680 Posts
Register online, takes literally 2 minutes. Book an appointment from the slots that are offered, usually within 20 minutes. You then have a 10 minute consultation via Face Time or equivalent. On a PAYG basis it costs £20 for 10 mins. If you spill over the 10 mins you pay another £20 but according to the Mrs unused time if you go over is available to use on subsequent consultations. If you need a script it’s another £8 plus the cost of the actual meds. In our case £5 for penicillin. They check pharmacies local to you to make sure they have stock then ping you confirmation where to collect from. You can select manually but the default was just fine.

It obviously has its limitations as the Doc can’t poke and prod if needed and in an ideal world you could see a GP of a weekend or indeed outside of ‘normal’ working hours but there you go. Apparently we can only be sick during limited hours before stretching a very over stretched A&E/Hospital/Walk in service.

From logging on for the first time to walking out the door to pick up the meds...26 minutes. There really shouldn’t be a need for this service but no way was letting my little girl struggle on any longer under the circs.

NHS is great in lots of ways and I’m a big fan. My little girl wouldn’t be here but for the skill and care given when she was born but I truly despair with how successive Govts have run the NHS into the ground. It’s a national disgrace 🤬
MDC250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDC250 For This Useful Post:
JR1982 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #4907
transtek

My and my wife's 25th Wedding Anniversary today. She had said that she didn't want to do anything special or buy each other presents, etc. So, knowing what women are like and that what they say does not signify they are saying what they mean, I went out and bought her a diamond ring, especially as I was never in the position to buy her a proper engagement ring all those years ago. So I am now officially in the dog house for not, and I quote, "Respecting her wishes"!! I give up!!!!!
transtek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to transtek For This Useful Post:
Fentum (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #4908
NMH
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Got my wheels refurbed today and 60 seconds into my mrs driving the car she scuffs one!

When I bought the car, took it home, she then went out and 5 mins later, she scuffed 2! I'd only had the car an hour!

Fuming is putting it mildly!
NMH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NMH For This Useful Post:
Fentum (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #4909
Kenan
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by transtek View Post
My and my wife's 25th Wedding Anniversary today. She had said that she didn't want to do anything special or buy each other presents, etc. So, knowing what women are like and that what they say does not signify they are saying what they mean, I went out and bought her a diamond ring, especially as I was never in the position to buy her a proper engagement ring all those years ago. So I am now officially in the dog house for not, and I quote, "Respecting her wishes"!! I give up!!!!!
I get this every year so this year I got her nothing and was then I'm the dog house.

So next year she's getting detailing products so I can be happy in the dog house 🤣

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenan For This Useful Post:
Fentum (13-03-2018), pinewood (15-03-2018), transtek (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #4910
Disco Smudge
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by transtek View Post
More likely embarrassed she got you sod all!! Lol
Disco Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Disco Smudge For This Useful Post:
transtek (13-03-2018)