Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 17-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
dave-
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Polish price differences ?

So there are several brands who make what they say are professional, dust-free, silicone free, filler free all singing all dancing polish ranges.

To name a few, meguires, menzerna, sonax and 3m.

It seems the prices are all over the place.

Notably the 3m and sonax are very expensive per litre compared to the menzerna versions.

So is a £26 menzerna medium polish just as good as the 3m / sonax £35+ medium polish or do their prices actually reflect a superior product ?

Or perhaps they are simply overpriced
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Citygo
Washmitt Meister

A lot of it comes down to personal preference as with most things in detailing. The best advise I’ve found is over at polished bliss. You won’t go far wrong choosing one of the kits.

All the above will do a job. My advice would be rather than just researching the polishes look for a tried and tested polish AND pad combination.

I’m a huge fan of Menzerna teamed with lake for a two step process having used scholl and megs.
Citygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Citygo For This Useful Post:
dave- (17-12-2017)
Old 03-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
Leebo310

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave- View Post
So there are several brands who make what they say are professional, dust-free, silicone free, filler free all singing all dancing polish ranges.

To name a few, meguires, menzerna, sonax and 3m.

It seems the prices are all over the place.

Notably the 3m and sonax are very expensive per litre compared to the menzerna versions.

So is a £26 menzerna medium polish just as good as the 3m / sonax £35+ medium polish or do their prices actually reflect a superior product ?

Or perhaps they are simply overpriced
It's like pretty much anything, price is relative to the person - only you can decide if it's worth it.
With regards to Menzerna, for me they take a lot longer to break down than other polishes. For certain paints this may be a good thing, but for me in most cases I'm up against the clock so I want something that will give me good results in a short amount of time. Power Finish (unsure of what it's called now...) is awesome but I can get almost of good as a finish with something like Rupes Quartz or even Keramik on the right pad, in a lot less time so I'll tend to reach for those instead. I use a lot of the Rupes polishes as to me, the extra cost is worth it in the amount of time it saves me.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
todds

Forensic Detailing channel on you tube did a great review on 6 polishes
regards
todds
todds is offline   Reply With Quote