Detailing World Forum banner

Turtle Wax Ice Paste Beading Shots

12K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  The Turtle 
#1 ·
Just a quick shot to show how Turtle Wax ice can be used on most if not 'All' plastics.

I will add that the paste leaves no white residue and will not 'run' after its rained etc and will not stain paintwork again from water transfer from plastic to paintwork. Its also not a 'greasy' product and will not attract dust from which i found a certain product to do.

This shot is on a VW rear wiper after some rainfall

See less See more
#6 ·
As you can prob guess from the name and avatar im a big fan, no make that HUGE fan of Turtle Wax.

I know it can get some stick which i think is a bit unfair and many of the products can actually compete with the big names and in my view out shine them in. one example the wet n black will out perform AG's tyre dressing by a mile.

And now with the Professional range easily available i think Turtle Wax deserves its credit.

after searching the older threads its clear there is actually some fans out there
hope this helps you

#14 ·
In the past i wasted my money in turtle wax products ...i thought turtle wax is good product such as turtle emerald wax but all what i bought from turtle is rubbish !

maybe one or two product on turtle stuff is worth to buy it , you must try new brand names and see .
I have used other brands and some i feel havent lived up to the test

#21 ·
Hello, I'am Turtle Wax Approved and this is making good reading.
I must say i don't think many have seen there trade products, i use there Hyper Concentrate range to name such as Hi-Foam Touchless TFR with snow foam gun, Sheeting Wax and Crystal Glaze also with snow foam gun the results are fantastic...
Link to trade products http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/tradeproducts.htm

ps i've a Sheeting Wax video on Flickr.com (Turlte Wax Sheeting Wax)

#26 ·
This has been interesting reading but after clicking the link I can say Ive tried all below:

Wash n shine - needed way to much to make anything remotely good
Wash n wax - same as abvve only left an oily like film when rinisng
Carpet and upholstrey cleaner - smells god awful and doesnt really clean that well
Trim cleaner - whats its purpose as it doesnt clean trim well
Trim and bumper gel - typical cheap rate thick yellow silicone bumper gel
Glass polish - to runny and hologrammed all the time even after shaking the tub and bottle it was dispensed in to
Express wax - hologrammed and did nothing to the paint
Cut n wax - lesser cut than t-cut yet left just as bad a finish
Alloy wheel cleaner - weak acid based cleaner which didnt do a lot
Tyre dressing - didnt last and had a satin yet plastic look

It may sound like all are bein slated by myself but the truth is they need re-assesing and made to do a good not adequate job for the money.

Dont get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for original paste wax and found ice detailer to be relativley ok but there are a number of products they do that just arent a patch on other manufacturers.

#29 ·
Hmm had a few days to think about the reply to this

From previous posts i gathered your a Dodo Juice approved detailer and your loyalty would i presume lie with them. I do however find it distressing you do slate the products even though you state you dont, anyone who would come about to read your post would inevitably avoid Turtle Wax at all costs and i find ths shouldnt be the case

I know a few Valeters and Detailers who will use Turtle Wax as there main armoury when working and i too have good results from using their range.

Ive attached a few pics to add to this post as we all know pictures speak louder than words,

Carpet and upholstrey cleaner - smells god awful and doesnt really clean that well

I wont use anything but this on carpets and the smell i feel thats a personal preference

Trim cleaner - whats its purpose as it doesnt clean trim well

Used the Trim cleaner with good results

before and after

The alloy wheel cleaner and tyre dressing in action

I think The whole range is effective and can compete in the valeting business i hope those who have and will read these posts have a fair understanding of two points of view of the products.

#28 ·
I found over the years some good products have come and gone again from TW, they used to do tyre magic with was excellent but then stopped it, also Rain Kleer, better than rainx but stopped making it and the one they replaced it with isn't a patch on it shame really, but I have heard good reports on the ice range and the wax-it-wet stuff. I tend to take things as you find them, if it's good for you then great, if not, move on. We know on here different people prefer different polishes waxes etc it's all about preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.