Detailing World Forum banner

Old Vintage Turtle Wax Products Wanted

10K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  neil73 
#1 ·
Checked via Viper first to ok the Wanted thread,

Im after Old Turtle Wax products for a personal collection for display ive a few now just would like to add to it. Ill consider anything full or empty as long as its in good condition.

I can Swap for other new Turtle Wax products or paypal funding :D Will cover all costs.

Cheers

#23 ·
I actually have a full page newspaper add, (both sides of a opened newspaper), for this bottle of Turtle Wax from 1950. It's interesting in that the ink for the ad is both black and green. Something I would guess is kind of rare in a newspaper from 1950.

By the way, the bottle touts that the wax contains Brillium

Someone need an Avatar?

#37 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugIain
"I really like retro wax tins and stuff.Just something abit different really.I used to have a cool old Johnsons rally wax metal can it had an Sierra Cosworth on it if I recall.It mysteriously vanished one day. "

That stuff was brilliant Wonder why they stopped making it? "

A bit weird this!!! but I have just got in from giving my new car a good dose of "Johnsons Rally Wax" !!!!!

a) As you can see I'm a :newbie:!! - I'll introduce myself in the right forum asap!

b) I've just bought a beautiful M3 convertible Individual, and my desire to make the most of its rare Nachtblau paintwork has got me looking at DW, and trying to learn something about what is obviously a pretty cool world going on in here.

c) being a sunday I got into my garage and rooted through all my old gear to stumble on 2 tins of Johnsons Rally Wax!! - I used to work for SC Johnson in the early 90's and the staff shop used to sell tins for a pound. I had a 'stock' at one point, but only 2 left now! I've not used it for 10 years!!!!

d) the tin DOES have a picture of a red mk1 sierra cosworth on it!! - in red.

e) my M3 looks nice now!! :lol::lol:

f) if I get time, I'll take a couple of pics of the tin and the car and post them up if I can figure out how to do it!

All the best to you all on here! From what I've seen as a guest you're obviously a really great bunch...:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.