Detailing World Forum banner

Had a go with Turtle Wax Creme Wax

10K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  The Turtle 
#1 ·
Had chance to look at a few products new the Halfords shelves.................

First up the Creme Wax 250g

Its texture is more like a polish liquid/cream than what you'd expect from a wax, has a slight hint of 'original liquid' for those who know it.

Used it on an 09 Astra very clean car to start with, no issues etc.

On one side of the bonnet i applied it slightly heavier than normal just to see how easy or not it was to remove and for dust etc

It was a nightmare to remove !:mad:

I moved the car into some shade to even though the sun was not extremley hot!

Went lighter with the cream and worked a treat....

Some more pics

typical weather it rained but chance for some beading :)

only light rain

that got heavier:)

As for durabilty only time will tell, but will be taking notes how it does perform.

Also got the bumper and tyre gel and wax sealent will be looking at those too.

Thanks for looking.;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice review, I Like your honesty, nightmare to remove, and work for Turtlewax, credit to you :thumb:

This wax, so it smells like the turtlewax original, so is this a tinkered version with carnauba content in the wax at all, just was picking the original signs, and placing them together, would be keen to know.

#3 ·
Cheers trip tdi

Just trying to be honest, some sunday washers will trow it on and spend hours removing it and probably never go near turtle wax again . With the right technique its a doddle.

It has got a hint of 'original' as for texture bit more creamier if that makes sense and white not the green.

took me ages to get in the box too :lol: i didnt wanna just rip the box open but i couldnt open it neatly lol

#4 ·
Cheers, Turtle, I have to be honest I have seen this wax in Halfords, a month back ago, on the shelf, did catch my eye, the name Creme wax done it for me, I honestly thought it's turtlewax's high elite top end wax, but the results look good plus you get the whole package for the price as well, so it's a good move for turtlewax.
Plus the new bottles are different in colour and stand out on the shelf's, good marketing, with clear concise labels.

#19 ·
Look forward to seeing what this is like, as i have been looking at it and wanted to try it out. I bought the sealer/wax instead of this, just to try out. Apparently it has 12 month protection:car: But i doubt it tbh. Anway, when it rained, the beading was good and tight. Left a very smooth surface. Very easy to apply as it's like a liquid, and use very little, But a pain to remove in some areas. Here's a pic of what it ended up like after clay, glaze and Turtle wax enduracoat sealer/wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.