Detailing World Forum banner

Anyone been injured in an accident

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Avanti 
#1 ·
Hi All

i was knocked off my motorbike on thursday and managed a fractured rib broken elbow and fractured thumb and wrist. The driver has admitted full liability and i have two witnesess just in case adnd police attended.

ive been hospital and im back i two days for a cast ..its still not sunk in and getting panic attacks with xmas coming and ive 3 little ones mortgage etc

im feeling quite ill and i dont sleep i keep getting flashbacks i work for myself so worried about that too. some have said ill get a grand for the accident but thats least of my worries

has anyone else been in a similar situation

help

#7 ·
I planted my bike into the side of a Transit that pulled out of a side road without looking. My knees are still dodgy.

I think its very important to shake off the feeling of being a victim. We can put our lives on hold waiting for compensation or justice but it never really comes and never really puts things right.

Use whatever means you can to get back to working in whatever way you can - that way you have control and power again and that will help fix the stress and panic that comes from having your choices taken away from you.

Get well soon.

#8 ·
Hi All

i was knocked off my motorbike on thursday and managed a fractured rib broken elbow and fractured thumb and wrist. The driver has admitted full liability and i have two witnesess just in case adnd police attended.

ive been hospital and im back i two days for a cast ..its still not sunk in and getting panic attacks with xmas coming and ive 3 little ones mortgage etc

im feeling quite ill and i dont sleep i keep getting flashbacks i work for myself so worried about that too. some have said ill get a grand for the accident but thats least of my worries

has anyone else been in a similar situation

help
It is the least of your worries, you will/should get much more than £1k (it could be this time next year before a settlement is reached.
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, get back riding as soon as possible or you may stay scared and scarred to ride again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.