Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 27-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #71
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,842 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttc6 View Post
http://www.electrotechdrives.co.uk/p...-single-phase/ ?

Just need to get the right flanges to be able to bolt the two up together properly
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #72
ttc6
Sponge Jockey

That's the one I've been looking at. The 90 frame motors (1.5 / 2.2 kW) all come with a 24mm shaft as standard which might prove problematic if the pump is to mount flush up to the motor. I could get the bearing case on the front on the mill to save on trying to find a flange adapter.

Stepping down to a 1.1 kW 80 frame (19mm shaft) would mean that the pump would pretty much bolt straight up, but I'd have to run a 20 nozzle for less than 5 lmin-1 at 120 bar.

This guy on the other hand (2.2 kW in an 80 frame) should net me over 7 lmin-1 at the full 150 bar. Plus it has a thermal cut-out built in - no starter required.
ttc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ttc6 For This Useful Post:
steelghost (27-11-2017)
Old 27-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #73
steelghost

Garage
I think you've got to be going reasonably beefy on the motor to make the whole exercise worthwhile. The thought occurs that it might be worth paying a little extra for a known brand pump (eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172840961852 ?), in order to have better future availability of spare parts?

Also worth mentioning - these guys have the best pricing on hoses and reels that I've seen anywhere. I have this set and it does a grand job.

Last edited by steelghost; 27-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
ttc6 (02-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #74
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcBRsaLHkpL/

There is my setup, i use kew/alto connections because they are a lot more sturdier and there is no play. I have 15, 25 and 40 degrees nozzles. But i wan to upgrade my gun to Suttner or Mosmatic. Isnt the swivel on Mosmatic superiour compared to Suttner and spins under pressure too?

https://www.mosmatic-spareparts.eu/H...Nr-29-131.html

Last edited by Joel79; 07-12-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Joel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel79 For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #75
steelghost

Garage
What gun have you got there now? It's not the M2000, or the Starlet (which is actually a Mosmatic part anyway ). I agree, the Kew QR system is very good for lances although it's arguably overkill if you just want to swap nozzles for a different fan angle - the 1/4" QR standard is fine for that, and considerably lighter and cheaper.

Does it already have a built in swivel? If it doesn't, and you like the gun as it stands, I believe you would be best off adding one of the Mosmatic DGS or DGV series swivels separately - these have ball bearings inside (which is why they cost as much as a decent spray gun all by themselves!) As with any other kind of bearing, a ball race offers a much more freely turning system than a "plain" bearing which is what most of the more inexpensive swivels will use. If the gun you have already has a swivel but you don't get on with it, I would go with a separate ball bearing swivel, and a replacement gun without a swivel - sell your existing gun to offset the cost.

You could go for the Mosmatic "HP Gun With Colour Detail" which has a swivel option (part # 29.131) but I don't know which separate swivel that is equivalent to, or if it has a ball bearing mechanism - for the price, I suspect it does not.

The much more expensive trigger guns offer features like full stainless internals, low trigger force (for folks who are holding the thing down for hours on end) and specially reinforced valve mechanisms for ultra high pressure or flow applications. However, as nice a PW as the 1152TST is, it's not particularly high pressure or flow in the grand scheme of things, so you don't need to get a really high end gun for it.

(Regarding Suttner or Mosmatic being "better" than one another - from what I can see, Suttner and Mosmatic are part of the same group; some of their guns are basically identical, eg:

ST-1100 - Suttner vs Mosmatic
ST-1500 - Suttner vs Mosmatic
ST-2300 - Suttner vs Mosmatic

However Suttner seems to offer a very wide range of guns under their own brand name as well. If you look at this PDF (page 45 onwards) you can also see the full range of swivels from both Suttner and Mosmatic. My guess is that originally Suttner made guns and Mosmatic made swivels, and the two companies merged or were both acquired).
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
ttc6 (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #76
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
What gun have you got there now? It's not the M2000, or the Starlet (which is actually a Mosmatic part anyway ). I agree, the Kew QR system is very good for lances although it's arguably overkill if you just want to swap nozzles for a different fan angle - the 1/4" QR standard is fine for that, and considerably lighter and cheaper.

Does it already have a built in swivel? If it doesn't, and you like the gun as it stands, I believe you would be best off adding one of the Mosmatic DGS or DGV series swivels separately - these have ball bearings inside (which is why they cost as much as a decent spray gun all by themselves!) As with any other kind of bearing, a ball race offers a much more freely turning system than a "plain" bearing which is what most of the more inexpensive swivels will use. If the gun you have already has a swivel but you don't get on with it, I would go with a separate ball bearing swivel, and a replacement gun without a swivel - sell your existing gun to offset the cost.

You could go for the Mosmatic "HP Gun With Colour Detail" which has a swivel option (part # 29.131) but I don't know which separate swivel that is equivalent to, or if it has a ball bearing mechanism - for the price, I suspect it does not.

The much more expensive trigger guns offer features like full stainless internals, low trigger force (for folks who are holding the thing down for hours on end) and specially reinforced valve mechanisms for ultra high pressure or flow applications. However, as nice a PW as the 1152TST is, it's not particularly high pressure or flow in the grand scheme of things, so you don't need to get a really high end gun for it.

(Regarding Suttner or Mosmatic being "better" than one another - from what I can see, Suttner and Mosmatic are part of the same group; some of their guns are basically identical, eg:

ST-1100 - Suttner vs Mosmatic
ST-1500 - Suttner vs Mosmatic
ST-2300 - Suttner vs Mosmatic

However Suttner seems to offer a very wide range of guns under their own brand name as well. If you look at this PDF (page 45 onwards) you can also see the full range of swivels from both Suttner and Mosmatic. My guess is that originally Suttner made guns and Mosmatic made swivels, and the two companies merged or were both acquired).
Its a PA RL30 made in Italy and has built in swivel, but the swivel is very stiff and doesnt spin that well. Also i like the LTF on Suttner(i have tried it). Well i switch different nozzles and foam lance and i like this system.

Mosmatic Gun should be exactly same as Suttner but with their own swivel which is supposed to be the best in market? On Suttner ST 2300-2600 the swivel doesnt spin under pressure and on mosmatic it should spin. However if the swivel on Suttner is as good then i might aswell buy it.

I want LTF and a good swivel. I wonder how and where i can buy my own custom built Suttner with the options i want?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #77
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
Its a PA RL30 made in Italy and has built in swivel, but the swivel is very stiff and doesnt spin that well. Also i like the LTF on Suttner(i have tried it). Well i switch different nozzles and foam lance and i like this system.

Mosmatic Gun should be exactly same as Suttner but with their own swivel which is supposed to be the best in market? On Suttner ST 2300-2600 the swivel doesnt spin under pressure and on mosmatic it should spin. However if the swivel on Suttner is as good then i might aswell buy it.

I want LTF and a good swivel. I wonder how and where i can buy my own custom built Suttner with the options i want?
Flowjet seem to carry all the Suttner ST-2600 variants, including this one which has a built in Kew female coupling . That has a 3/8" BSP female fixed inlet; you'd then want a Mosmatic swivel coupling with 3/8"BSP male thread on one side, and whatever you need to attach your hose on the other side. See page 21 of this PDF for all the variants.

You could also write to the vendor and ask how the built in swivel compares to the separately available Mosmatic units, they do also carry some Mosmatic gear although not the inline swivel couplings you'd want for this purpose.

Last edited by steelghost; 07-12-2017 at 05:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (07-12-2017), ttc6 (07-12-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 06:18 PM   #78
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Flowjet seem to carry all the Suttner ST-2600 variants, including this one which has a built in Kew female coupling . That has a 3/8" BSP female fixed inlet; you'd then want a Mosmatic swivel coupling with 3/8"BSP male thread on one side, and whatever you need to attach your hose on the other side. See page 21 of this PDF for all the variants.

You could also write to the vendor and ask how the built in swivel compares to the separately available Mosmatic units, they do also carry some Mosmatic gear although not the inline swivel couplings you'd want for this purpose.
I dont need the one with Kew coupling since i allready have one made my PA so i just install it to my new gun. Overall i think that the Mosmatic 29.131 is my best bet. It has good swivel, LTF technology and prise is reasonable.

Btw i wonder can i replace integrated swivel on Suttner gun and add mosmatic and vice versa?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #79
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
Btw i wonder can i replace integrated swivel on Suttner gun and add mosmatic and vice versa?
I don't know if the integrated swivels can be removed - I suspect not to be honest. I would just get the gun you want, and add the swivel you want separately, job done
Old 07-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #80
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
I don't know if the integrated swivels can be removed - I suspect not to be honest. I would just get the gun you want, and add the swivel you want separately, job done
Only problem is that with thay way you get more metal between the gun and hose.