Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > RULES & FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT ZONE > Forum Announcements
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Announcements Posts relating to the forum.

Old 27-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #61
PJS
Master of Disambiguation

Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,147 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PJS
You mean the trigger - I would suspect not, but you'd find out if you get it, as it requires assembling, so before you put the supplied trigger on the hose, you can try the Karcher one.
If the Karcher isn't a separate trigger/hose like that supplied, then again, you can try fitting the hose to the outlet - I'm not sure if those are all standardised fitments.

The only reservation with doing that, is can the Karcher actually handle the sort of pressure the Makita puts out?
One would expect so, but then again......

Personally, I'd just speak to whomever you purchased the foam lance from, and see if they would offer to exchange the main unit (the bottle should be the same, so no need to return that as well) for the M22 male threaded one you need.
PJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #62
PJS
Master of Disambiguation

Just another update - offer extended to the end of August thanks to the number of members here (and elsewhere) who've availed of their offering.
Original post updated to reflect this too.

Well done chaps.
Old 14-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #63
Spy
Washmitt Meister

Hi guys,

I have read through the thread and remain a little confused about the HW130 (unfortunately the HW131 is outside my price range)

- Is the HW130 as good a buy as the HW 131 eg it doesnt have the ceramic pistons ?
- Can an Autobrite foam lance be added with one of the standard fittings without requiring lathing, milling etc ?
- Is it better than the Nilfisk C120 4-6 ?

Thanks
Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #64
PJS
Master of Disambiguation

Autobrite are working on getting a connector made for it, but as of yet, there's nothing apart from the generic type one like the Karcher bottle.
I doubt anyone has tested it side by side against the Nilfisk - so like most things of this nature, you go with your gut instinct and hope it was right rather than signs of a dodgy kebab from the night before!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #65
Rich5ltr
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Hi PJS, you've replied to me on Pistonheads, thanks... Just found your thread on here and as I'm a member thought I'd post up a comment here too. I'll get on the case on Monday Rich...
Rich5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #66
RichieLee
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy View Post
Hi guys,

I have read through the thread and remain a little confused about the HW130 (unfortunately the HW131 is outside my price range)

- Is the HW130 as good a buy as the HW 131 eg it doesnt have the ceramic pistons ?
- Can an Autobrite foam lance be added with one of the standard fittings without requiring lathing, milling etc ?
- Is it better than the Nilfisk C120 4-6 ?

Thanks
I've got the HW130 mate. Great machine but like PJS said, you can get a suitable foam lance for it atm. Hopefully someone will sort something out soon.
RichieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #67
Ross
'Spec'ial B

Thanked 3,948 Times in 3,181 Posts
I am looking forward to getting HW 131 soon.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #68
Zimzimmerbimmer
Unwashed Member

Garage
HW131 - fault

Hi All! I've had my HW131 for three and a half years - I've been very pleased with it during this time. It has had only light use - probably amounting to 3 times a month for a total of about 3 hours. Anyway - I fired it up yesterday and it seemed to be working fine. When I finished, I powered down, disconnected the hose and released the pressure by squeezing the trigger. There was an audible crack above the woosh of the water being discharged. When I reconnected the hose to investigate, the washer immediately started to leak water. Having popped the cover off today, it seems to be leaking from the back of the pressure gauge (which reads 125 bar permanently now, regardless of whether the unit is connected to a hose and switched on or not, and is now full of water!). Seems to be the only place the water is coming from.

The pressure washer still works, but it is leaking water all the time. Any advice? Is it possible to replace the gauge?

Zimzimmerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #69
PJS
Master of Disambiguation

This sounds familiar, perhaps you posted it in another thread or was it by PM?
Anyway, if you contact Makita, they'd be able to direct you to your local service centre, and they will have a look at what's broken, and price up a repair.

The gauge is replaceable - the plastic face on mine was broken when it lent to someone, and Makita very generously got it back up and fully working again at no cost to me.