Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 10-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #331
Coupe25
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryAllen View Post
Used to think it was ok...but recently even on white it looks like someone has doused the car in pine resin. Awful stuff.

I use it for bottom of doors only where it probably does streak but because there is no light reflection I can't see it.
So glad I'm not the only one. I'm demoting it to alloy wheels, exhaust ends and possibly lower doors like yourself, and use Fusso for everywhere else and maybe a nice carnauba wax every now and then.
First I'll have to try SRP to remove the streaks as I have no other liquid which would do it other than perhaps panel wipe and start over
Coupe25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #332
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
So you haven't read anything I've said?

It's a sealant, not a QD, use it as such.
Only just picked up on this thread again and spotted your remark.
I think you misunderstand my comments,I'm fully aware it's a sealant and am asking 'is this a sealant that can't be applied over waxes?'.

Of course many sealants are water based and fine over waxes without leaving streaks. It appears this No1 SG is not in that category.
Nowhere on the instructions does it say not to apply if you have wax on there.

It's still in the back of the cupboard

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #333
tosh

I used this over the past week on a couple of front bumpers. It has really helped with getting bugs off - they are significantly easier to wash off. I did a little 50/50 test on two halves of the bumper, and the protected side was massively easier.

My method is
- fold a MF into 4 and spray the MF twice
- spray the panel once and buff it off

it is extremely thin, and I can see where it could dry too quickly and streak, so definitely do this when it's cool and in the shade. Using a foam or MF applicator didn't work - I had to use a towel.

Mirrors, bumpers, skirts - perfect product for me at this time of year to deal with bugs.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #334
roscopervis

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
Only just picked up on this thread again and spotted your remark.
I think you misunderstand my comments,I'm fully aware it's a sealant and am asking 'is this a sealant that can't be applied over waxes?'.

Of course many sealants are water based and fine over waxes without leaving streaks. It appears this No1 SG is not in that category.
Nowhere on the instructions does it say not to apply if you have wax on there.

It's still in the back of the cupboard

Harry
What sealants are you aware of that you would apply over a wax?

As I've mentioned before, apply it on bare paint, or at the worst, very tired wax. It doesn't like oily surfaces. As such, the multitude of products you had on your car will pose a problem for many products to bond with.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #335
Coupe25
Washmitt Meister

Weirdly a couple of days later and I can't see the streaking. I'm wondering if the UV from the sun has done something because its not dirty enough to hide the streaking that was there.
Coupe25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #336
westerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
What sealants are you aware of that you would apply over a wax?

As I've mentioned before, apply it on bare paint, or at the worst, very tired wax. It doesn't like oily surfaces. As such, the multitude of products you had on your car will pose a problem for many products to bond with.
DoDo do Acrylic spritz and Future Armour, both sealants and both wax friendly. I actually contacted them recently to confirm Future armour was wax friendly.

Acrylic spritz say's :-

"A water based high performance synthetic spray sealant. It is used to top up existing wax or sealant protection, or it can be used as a sealant in it's own right.."

I love Acrylic spritz and their Future Armour is also excellent and can be used as a drying aid too. Andy at DoDo confirmed to me it is fine over wax but " be sure to level it first"
I have not had the streaking problems with either of these products.

Not sure about "the multitude of products" I'm supposed to have on my car. I have a wax and like most people would use a QD on occasions or add some bling with a sealant which, in the case of the DoDo products, sit nicely and streak free. ( as I live in an area where there's no water on tap I wash with ONR solution but not the wax one, so there's no greasy residue from ONR original, just the polymers it leaves behind.)

Harry

Last edited by westerman; 10-07-2018 at 03:21 PM.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #337
adeel43
Washmitt Meister

late to the party on this but tried it today on my Java black Discovery. Car now looks awful with streak marks everywhere.

How do I get it off..? Will hand polish suffice?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
adeel43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #338
BarryAllen
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeel43 View Post
late to the party on this but tried it today on my Java black Discovery. Car now looks awful with streak marks everywhere.

How do I get it off..? Will hand polish suffice?

A wash, and dry off with a QD will sort it (using a short nap MF)... which sort of undermines the durability claims too!
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #339
adeel43
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryAllen View Post
A wash, and dry off with a QD will sort it (using a short nap MF)... which sort of undermines the durability claims too!
Cheers!

adeel43 is offline   Reply With Quote