Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #31
matt1234
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Heard that the ball joints are a nightmare. The cambelt looks a nightmare also. But I have done a few Clio 182 cambelts so it should be pretty straightforward. Plus I’m a mechanic so I never really shy away from any job to be honest. Will let you know how I get on with it all.
Need any advice then just ask. Always here to help.
So you must of jumped on it as soon as it got advertised. Looks great in oyster grey. Mine is in red. Needs loads doing to it. But should be all done by next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
matt1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt1234 For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #32
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1234 View Post
Heard that the ball joints are a nightmare. The cambelt looks a nightmare also. But I have done a few Clio 182 cambelts so it should be pretty straightforward. Plus I’m a mechanic so I never really shy away from any job to be honest. Will let you know how I get on with it all.
Need any advice then just ask. Always here to help.
So you must of jumped on it as soon as it got advertised. Looks great in oyster grey. Mine is in red. Needs loads doing to it. But should be all done by next month.

Thank you! Cambelt has been done thankfully. Although the auxiliary drivebelt hasn't been done and looks very worn and starting to make a bit of noise so booked in to be done in a few weeks time. Would normally do it myself but looks a of a job!
Nick-ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #33
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
So a very small update, I found a bargain of a private plate on ebay a week ago and couldn't help myself. I know it isn't the greatest plate in the world but it was dirt cheap! Only small obstacle was the original plates for whatever reason had been put on with pop rivets by the looks of it, so out came the drill! I went for 3d gel plates, they are my personal favourite type of plate on a non German car.

I have also finally fitted my centre silencer delete. 100% recommend it! No drone whatsoever but lovely noise when you hit the accelerator!
Old 29-10-2018, 06:50 AM   #34
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
So just over 5 months into ownership and I am still absolutely loving the RS. I haven't really done a lot else to the car other than a change of brake fluid along with front discs and pads, all genuine parts used of course. With regards to keeping it clean I have to admit I haven't been at my best. I still haven't done a full detail or decontamination and I reckon I have only washed it on average once every 4-6 weeks, poor I know!

The car has been spot on so far with no reliability issues whatsoever. At the start of this month it even had a little trip over to the Nurburgring. My word this car is so much better than my previous Fiesta round the green hell! Only drawback is the driver, the cars ability far outweighs what I am capable of. Those of you that have been there will know how quick these cars are around the ring. However I did still purchase a couple of track photos which I absolutely love!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick-ST For This Useful Post:
Starbuck88 (29-10-2018), Steve_6R (31-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #35
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Our little group that have been 3 times in 3 years now really do love the place. You could probably take the race track away from it and I would certainly still go. If you haven't been before, seriously stick it on your bucket list. It makes the lake district look like East London, that is how picturesque it is!

Anyway here are some random photos taken from the trip. I have tried to put them in some kind of order but it is early still and I haven't had my morning brew yet!

Now on the continent

Then probably the most stunning location for a petrol station in Germany. You can literally see for about 20 miles in all directions, photos really don't do it justice. And they sell 102 octane fuel which is a bonus!

Then it was only a further 10 or so miles to the Fereinpark, we have stayed here twice now and absolutely love it. Think of it a bit like centre parcs.

Never made it on track that evening as it was just too busy to even get near the entrance so we resided to my favourite restaurant the Pistenklause. Best steak you will ever eat!

Accompanied by plenty of these

Couple of photos of the village and castle whilst we waited for our Focus RS taxi to come back for us.

The next day the track was due to open at 8am but due to fox it didn't open until 3.30pm which was a big shame. Still it meant the track a fair bit quieter as a result and also made for some stunning photos.

I managed to get two laps in which was enough for me. I managed to hit my goal of under 10 minutes. Although we don't have the exact time we know it was under 10.

We had pizza ordered in later that evening. I went for a spag bol on a pizza just because you can...

Next day a couple of us went to Phantasialand, a local theme park for a ride on the awesome Taron. For those of you that like roller coasters I cannot recommend going here enough, it really is good and Taron is arguably one of the best coasters in all of Europe.

The following day was then time to come home unfortunately. But before leaving we of course had the obligatory photo done.

I can honestly say it is one of my favourite holiday destinations. If you have ever been considering it then just go, you will not be disappointed. Splitting the cost of a villa at the Lindner Fereinpark makes things very cheap, there is a full size kitchen so you can take your own food etc. Biggest expense for me is always fuel. It is a tank either way then usually another tank whilst out there. It used to be that fuel was a lot cheaper over there as well but that is no longer the case thanks to terrible exchange rates. But 3 nights over there can easily be done for £500 if you are on a budget.

I hope we will find the time and funds to make a trip over there next year but we will have to see!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick-ST For This Useful Post:
oneflewover (29-10-2018), Starbuck88 (29-10-2018), VeiRoN (30-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #36
LeeH

Steak on a slate!!

Brings back fond memories all of those pictures.

The south loop was open to the public when I went too, a very rare occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeH For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #37
RB8
Unwashed Member

Nice car. I have the RB8 version and love it. Had never thought of one of these (Megane 111 ) and came across it by accident.
RB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RB8 For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #38
Andyblue

Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,571 Posts
Cracking write up and looks like you had a great few days, cars looking good
Andyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #39
Peter77

Awesome. Looks like a blast and something I would love to do. Oh and that pizza, spag bol, why have I never thought of that. Look delish.

Peter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter77 For This Useful Post:
Nick-ST (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #40
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeH View Post
Steak on a slate!!

Brings back fond memories all of those pictures.

The south loop was open to the public when I went too, a very rare occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Would that be part of the GP track? When we went last year they had the VLN circuit open on a Saturday morning which is literally the full Nurburgring with about half of the GP track added on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter77 View Post
Awesome. Looks like a blast and something I would love to do. Oh and that pizza, spag bol, why have I never thought of that. Look delish.

It is very tasty! Proper carb overload though