Detailing World Forum banner

Best way to remove wax/sealer?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Big Bri 
#1 ·
Hi all, apologies as this probably most definatly would have been asked before. I tried a search but couldnt really find anyything? Maybe tapatalks search function?

What is the best product or way to remove wax or more so sealer from the car?
The reason i ask is I generally use AG SRP and then Extra gloss protection. I want to try the HD wax out but unsure if it will sit well on top of the EGP or even if you can apply on top? so i was thinking of trying to take off the EGP etc.. before trying. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Decided i want to get more/some of the swirls out rather than masking them up, so im going with the megs 105/205 system which will obviously take off the egp etc... thanks for the advice with the lime prime though guys [emoji106] appreciated.

#8 ·
Hi all, apologies as this probably most definatly would have been asked before. I tried a search but couldnt really find anyything? Maybe tapatalks search function?

What is the best product or way to remove wax or more so sealer from the car?
The reason i ask is I generally use AG SRP and then Extra gloss protection. I want to try the HD wax out but unsure if it will sit well on top of the EGP or even if you can apply on top? so i was thinking of trying to take off the EGP etc.. before trying. Any help appreciated.

I've used the HD wax and have been impressed with it, easy to apply - make sure the applicator is damp, let it dry / haze and wipe away / buff off.

I found it easier to apply the wax in a nice thin film if it was warm / slightly soft :)

#9 ·
Out of Lime Prime yesterday,no bug remover either.I diluted some of Maguires Super Degreasent. Screen and front of car was full of fresh dead fly's[fast London trip]. Misted the megs on and power washed off. Didn't leave it on long[2 mins,its strong].Stripped all the wax i had on the paint and replant on the screen.Tried my newest Backfire kit.Proper nice finish.Eventually after 10hrs i finished.Did the whole car in the end.
O.C.D. was in overdrive.

BB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.