Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Studio
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Studio The place the Detailing World Supporters display their work for viewing : This is a subscription section you will need to go to your userCP (top left of the page) and select Paid Subscriptions for more information.

Old 14-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #11
Gleammachine
Distinguished Detailer

Location: Chafford Hundred, Essex RM16, Essex & the South East since 2003.
Thanked 4,102 Times in 1,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBirchy View Post
Stunning Rob. After I was lucky enough to have a good drive of one of these on the roads a year or so back, it gives me the fizz every time I look at one! Particularly in such a stunning colour. That's Volcano Red if my inner nerd is on form?

I'm loving SiRamik too, even the standard glass coat has now been on my Wife's BMW 1-Series for 18 months and it's still repelling dirt and beading superbly. Can't fault the stuff.

Nice work as always.

Jon
Thanks Jon, yes Volcano Red indeed.
Siramik coatings are excellent, and proving innovative in moving forward and not resting on their laurels.
Gleammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gleammachine For This Useful Post:
JBirchy (15-02-2016), Reflectology (10-04-2016)
Old 14-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #12
Gleammachine
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm81 View Post
Stunning! Is it necessary to apply SC Ultima before Diamas professionali
Thanks, it is not necessary, although you would require more layers of the Diamas to reach the same effect. Generally you would apply 1 layer of HR (heat resistant ) 1 layer of Ultima and then subsequent layers of Diamas, although the beauty of the coatings are their versatility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fethead View Post
Lovely work on a stunning car.

Any news on availability, cost and place to order?

Regards,

Richard
Thank you Richard.

These coatings are accredited detailer only products, although you can purchase the wonderful SC15 coatings which are designed for enthusiast use.
Old 14-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #13
DavieB
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Sorry I don't get this? The coating contains diamonds that make the light bounce in different directions so I understand this, but if diamonds are the hardest substance known to man...surely this would scratch the paint? If they're big enough to refract the light then surely they are big enough to mar the paint? Not trying to be awkward but it sounds more like marketing science fiction!
By the way can't fault the car our the finish!
DavieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #14
MattOz
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Lovely car. Let's hope it wasn't the same one totalled on the M40 yesterday!
MattOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #15
Reflectology
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Sheffield or there or there abouts....often caught short in the Rainforests of the Shires....
Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,011 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieB View Post
Sorry I don't get this? The coating contains diamonds that make the light bounce in different directions so I understand this, but if diamonds are the hardest substance known to man...surely this would scratch the paint? If they're big enough to refract the light then surely they are big enough to mar the paint? Not trying to be awkward but it sounds more like marketing science fiction!
We went through this the other day with someone of the same vein regarding how the diamonds work.

The diamonds are milled to 3-4n in size, as it states, this would make the coating no different to apply than any other normal ceramic coating that contains high content silica, silicon etc etc everyone classes this a different term, so application doesn't create any issues, none that as stated in any ceramic would cause, its once the coatings dry that the diamonds come into play, for example take a ceramic coating, now if the particles in these were actually in glass form they would scratch but as they are in a liquid form they dont, its only when the coating is cured that it creates a glass layer, the diamond coating works in exactly the same way except that once it is cured the the light being transferred back also has the light refraction of diamonds to navigate other than just a glass layer.

Hope this helps.

Great finish by the way Rob.
Reflectology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflectology For This Useful Post:
Beau Technique (14-02-2016), Gleammachine (14-02-2016)
Old 14-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #16
Gleammachine
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflectology View Post
We went through this the other day with someone of the same vein regarding how the diamonds work.

The diamonds are milled to 3-4n in size, as it states, this would make the coating no different to apply than any other normal ceramic coating that contains high content silica, silicon etc etc everyone classes this a different term, so application doesn't create any issues, none that as stated in any ceramic would cause, its once the coatings dry that the diamonds come into play, for example take a ceramic coating, now if the particles in these were actually in glass form they would scratch but as they are in a liquid form they dont, its only when the coating is cured that it creates a glass layer, the diamond coating works in exactly the same way except that once it is cured the the light being transferred back also has the light refraction of diamonds to navigate other than just a glass layer.

Hope this helps.

Great finish by the way Rob.
Thank you Russell for the detailed information.
Old 14-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #17
Gleammachine
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieB View Post
Thank you for your comments, can I ask what is your take on traditional Silica/Quartz content coatings? Based upon your theory above, sand would have the same effect surely?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gleammachine For This Useful Post:
Beau Technique (14-02-2016)
Old 14-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #18
B0DSKI
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via AIM to B0DSKI
Stunner Rob
B0DSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B0DSKI For This Useful Post:
Gleammachine (14-02-2016)
Old 14-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Nice work Rob. Looks exceptional mate.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beau Technique For This Useful Post:
Gleammachine (14-02-2016)
Old 14-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #20
DavieB
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleammachine View Post
Thank you for your comments, can I ask what is your take on traditional Silica/Quartz content coatings? Based upon your theory above, sand would have the same effect surely?
Wrongly or rightly I assumed the silica was in a solvent to keep it in a liquid state until they cured/solvent evaporates and then crystalising to make the hard glass protective layer. Diamonds though I'm not sure can be made into liquid? Also thinking about it diamonds that are not polished, aren't particularly reflective either. I appreciate that as you aren't the chemist that created the product you may not be able to answer the questions.

Please note I'm not knocking the product, and the results do look fantastic, but more that I'm just curious!
DavieB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DavieB For This Useful Post:
Dada (01-08-2016)

Tags
detailer essex, diamas professionali, gleammachine, mclaren mp4-12c, siramikaccrediteddetailer